Can someone recommend a good and easy password backup app.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Starting to get overwhelmed with so many passwords that I think it's time to check out using one of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use LastPass for everything. Love it. The extension for Chrome desktop and the mobile app are worth it. It costs yearly to use the app on mobile but it's $12 a year which is cheap.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
AWallet. Been using it for years. Free. Safe. They continually support it. Makes it easy for me to categorize my 60+ passwords.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Y'all just ain't going to make this easy on me are you? 6 responses 6 different answers. Maybe listing some of the features might help. Thanks everyone.

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
How about a second vote for lastpass? I love it. Great fort creating passwords as well as storing and recalling them. Also works well for storing other sensitive information.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Lastpass since they incorporated the fingerprint access years ago. For me there is no way I'll backup all my passwords with another password, don't make any sense to me, so the only logical way to do it was with a fingerprint, once they added that for the Samsung Galaxy phones I tried it and immediately migrated to them. Now it supports Google's and Samsung's API so it's great for both my S7 edge and the HTC 10.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What if you can no longer fingerprint access your phone? Phone lost, scanner broke etc. Can you retrieve your account with other means?

With LastPass you can access via the Website. You have a "masterpassword" for your LastPass account. If you lose that you could be in big trouble because they can't help recover that. The good thing is though you can setup backups such as SMS codes to get into your account (or to reset your Master PW) and you can also allow a family member or something to access your accoun via "Emergency Access" (https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/emergency-access/).

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What's the tip over point for those using password managers? ( how many passwords do the typical subscribers have before a password manager becomes attractive? ) I like the idea of this service, but don't see the benefit given the small number of passwords I use.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have in there multiple garage codes, alarm codes, along with website passwords, my kids passwords, etc.
Family of four, passwords and information adds up rather quickly.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Last Pass has folder named Secure Notes.You can keep a photo of something in there, such as a driver's license, insurance card or notes about a specific web site.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
What's the tip over point for those using password managers? ( how many passwords do the typical subscribers have before a password manager becomes attractive? ) I like the idea of this service, but don't see the benefit given the small number of passwords I use.
The big advantage is that it allows you to use really complex passwords, that you could never remember, for things like financial accounts and email.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Once I started using Dashlane, I changed all my passwords. I pretty much have different passwords for each site now. That way if one compromises, I don't have to change the others.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The benefit is having a different / crazy password for all your accounts (due to a PW generator within the tool). This way you aren't using the same passwords over and over. I have about 25-30 accounts in there right now.