Please stop the HTC 10 hype reviews

TechTactical

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
HTC did it, their back, solid phone, back to the basics, blah blah hype hype review hype.... Fail.

I've owned many HTC phones and love them over all the rest. I was really looking forward the new flagship HTC 10 to set sail in my hands but I am beyond disappointed, partly at the dysfunctional phone and mostly at the hype reviews flooding the internet oozing over the HTC 10 like it is rock solid piece of equipment.

I've owned and operated the HTC 10 for about 36 hours now and already have a replacement orderd. In the 36 hours I've owned the HTC 10, I am plagued with several major malfunctions that I have never had on another HTC device.

1) When the phone is vertical (not rotated), the top half of the phone is unusable because the notification bar jumps out over anything you are running. For example, just browsing the internet, the white address bar at the top is untouchable because the notification bar pops out over it anytime you get your fingers near the top. I can't even create a phone contact because to save a phone contact you must click the check mark in the top right corner, impossible.

2) There is no manual touch screen calibration at all like in the past HTC android settings, gone.

3) Keyboard is whack. Anytime I press a it does aa no matter what. Looks like aaytime I do use aa, I haave to delete one of the double aas. Touchscreen or software... Who cares, FAIL.

4) HTC 10 customer and editorial reviews boast that the phone's hardware is superior. So maybe the specs are the same as the S7 or close but did I tell you about this brand new HTC 10 I have in which the power button does not work anymore. I literally can not use the power button to turn off the phone, it simply does not work anymore. It worked for almost 30 hours, now it's tapped out and I feel like choke slamming the tech bloggers who sung sweet praises of hardware superiority.

5) 2 day battery life... lol😂. I've drained and charged this phone twice in less than 36 hours. It's battery is about as good as my 3 year old HTC One MAX.

I might just put a .40 cal round through this HTC 10 phone on principle and hate for the paperweight that it is.

TechTactical

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
....less I remind you of the most annoying feature yet... Boomsound. HTC, WTF are you thinking putting the intrusive Boomsound aadvertisment in the notification bar everytime the sound is playing. Just wow 😔 to think that the new boomsound was so cool that it must constantly be advertised in the functional notifcaation bar.
Please... good job sealing this fail.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
HTC did it, their back, solid phone, back to the basics, blah blah hype hype review hype.... Fail.

I've owned many HTC phones and love them over all the rest. I was really looking forward the new flagship HTC 10 to set sail in my hands but I am beyond disappointed, partly at the dysfunctional phone and mostly at the hype reviews flooding the internet oozing over the HTC 10 like it is rock solid piece of equipment.

I've owned and operated the HTC 10 for about 36 hours now and already have a replacement orderd. In the 36 hours I've owned the HTC 10, I am plagued with several major malfunctions that I have never had on another HTC device.

1) When the phone is vertical (not rotated), the top half of the phone is unusable because the notification bar jumps out over anything you are running. For example, just browsing the internet, the white address bar at the top is untouchable because the notification bar pops out over it anytime you get your fingers near the top. I can't even create a phone contact because to save a phone contact you must click the check mark in the top right corner, impossible.

2) There is no manual touch screen calibration at all like in the past HTC android settings, gone.

3) Keyboard is whack. Anytime I press a it does aa no matter what. Looks like aaytime I do use aa, I haave to delete one of the double aas. Touchscreen or software... Who cares, FAIL.

4) HTC 10 customer and editorial reviews boast that the phone's hardware is superior. So maybe the specs are the same as the S7 or close but did I tell you about this brand new HTC 10 I have in which the power button does not work anymore. I literally can not use the power button to turn off the phone, it simply does not work anymore. It worked for almost 30 hours, now it's tapped out and I feel like choke slamming the tech bloggers who sung sweet praises of hardware superiority.

5) 2 day battery life... lol😂. I've drained and charged this phone twice in less than 36 hours. It's battery is about as good as my 3 year old HTC One MAX.

I might just put a .40 cal round through this HTC 10 phone on principle and hate for the paperweight that it is.

I'm not sure if you're coming out here to bash HTC. However maybe you have a bad unit because I have none of your issues and I am loved my HTC 10 it works flawlessly more than any other phone I've ever had. I don't have that issue with the keyboard where you press and it doesn't Triple A. Now you may be right there is no manual screen calibration but you don't need it because with Android marshmallow the screen just works. I'm not sure what happened your power button but if it stopped working after a week or two then you need to get it replaced. I've had mine for a month and my power button Works. Now to your battery life maybe again have a bad phone my battery life is excellent the second day I had this phone I went 18 hours that was with medium to heavy use. And I had about 4 hours of screen on time. And it's your first point about the notification shade that is how Android works how are most phones work that are close to vanilla Android and how Google intended it to work as you can get. Maybe you're not used to such slim down sense. But this phone is amazing camera is better than HTC has ever had. I can't get enough of this phone and I can't praise it enough.

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just because you got a bum device doesn't mean others are lying about their experience or that they could anticipate the issues you are experiencing.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Can we delete this post as it is clearly propaganda and not informative in the least. No one has had the issues this guy had. I'm tired of this fanboy crap

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is just too funny. Sorry to hear you got a bad unit, but your literally the only one I've read about having such extreme issues. It almost sounds.... like you're making things up. I don't know, maybe you truly are having extreme issues. It just seems a little outlandish.

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
While I agree that the hype train was way overblown (I am especially looking at you "Boomsound"), my phone performed just fine with none of those issues you describe. Sorry you got a bad device, hopefully your next one isn't a lemon.

TechTactical

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
It is hilarious and I am the only one I know of to have a bum HTC 10 device. Believe me, I read all the amazing reviews too. Man was I in for a surprise when this phone frisbee showed up.

I am probably more of an HTC fan than any of you, so to get this crap device is blowing my mind right now. I would have bought this phone pancake without reading one review simply because it was the latest HTC build. Unfortunately this flagship is taking on water.

I thought I was getting an Olympic athlete but I got a 1982 silver medalist with a limp.

Maybe they shipped me an original build of the HTC 10 prototype.

Perhaps this is actually an old Galaxy Note 2 in disguise.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Serious extremism here. I just don't get your unfounded anger. Everyone gets a bad unit once in a while. You just send it in and get another one. You feel entitled to excellence. I get that. You spend $600+ on a device. It's supposed to work. To come here and do this, without actually giving a " good unit" a spin, is ridiculously extreme.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
And by the way, boom sound has always been about HTCs commitment to Audio Excellence. In my opinion, they executed flawlessly.

TechTactical

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I know, I agree of course. A bit overboard, kind of like this phone belt buckle they sent me that won't turn off. I'd back out of this forum if this phone coffee coaster would allow me except the notification bar keeps jumping out to remind me that fricken "Boomsound" is in Theater Mode.

Just took a stab at Slither.io.... just wow, the touch response is as smooth as sandpaper.

Pretty sure I have an HTC 9.8 at this point.

TechTactical

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
... and they've committed to slamming the Boomsound notification is your face anytime your sound is operational. It's like a bad joke, or marketing gone wrong. We get it HTC, you did a good job with Boomsound, and you had to make up for the removal of the front facing speakers... but I don't need the constant reminder pushing my real notifications out of your way.

Boomfail on the notifications.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, another one of these posts? Dude, if you're unhappy with the device, just return it and get something else. It's no big deal, but like that other recent thread, you're coming to an HTC 10 forum to bash the device. We're mostly all biased towards HTC, so of course, people are going to react to a post like this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

Let's all take a step back, breathe, and we can continue on. A few points...

1) OP - We don't really need to ask people to stop the "positive" reviews of the HTC 10. It does suck that you got a bad unit but others are allowed to share their opinions / experiences just like you. We allow all kinds of opinions as long as everyone follows the rules (linked below) and stays posting within P.U.P.P.A.H.

2) As to the others not liking this post.. As stated in number 1 everyone is allowed to share their experiences. We don't have a rule that you can only post positive posts within a forum section. That wouldn't really be true to the discussion and to how everyone sees / uses the phone would it? ;). That being said if you feel someone is out of line or breaking the rules please just use the report button (the "!" icon on each post) and you can explain your concerns to the MOD team. You would be surprised how many threads start with the OP having issues and later on it gets fixed by people being helpful and discussing the matter in a civil manner.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be glad to clarify. Thanks :).

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So you got a bad unit and theres more reason to explain this why? We get it, you somehow got literally the one HTC 10 with every single thing wrong with it somehow. So get a new one or swap to a different phone. I had a bad M8 when I got mine, it had touchscreen issues and had to be swapped. The last thing I thought was to "review" a bad unit and treat it as how the phone really is and anyone else is clearly lying. I mean come on now. Just swap it or get a new one. Atleast judge it off a unit that works properly before throwing HTC as a whole under the bus.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It is hilarious and I am the only one I know of to have a bum HTC 10 device. Believe me, I read all the amazing reviews too. Man was I in for a surprise when this phone frisbee showed up.

I am probably more of an HTC fan than any of you, so to get this crap device is blowing my mind right now. I would have bought this phone pancake without reading one review simply because it was the latest HTC build. Unfortunately this flagship is taking on water.

I thought I was getting an Olympic athlete but I got a 1982 silver medalist with a limp.

Maybe they shipped me an original build of the HTC 10 prototype.

Perhaps this is actually an old Galaxy Note 2 in disguise.

If you posed your argument in a reasonable manner, you'd make a lot more headway in your phone-war against the 10. A new member signing up and immediately slagging a device is nothing new here so please don't act offended when people don't believe you (especially when everything is written like it was an attempt at a joke). Perhaps if you were here, posting your frustrations and asking questions when you had the device, you've see more respect from members. But, as it reads, there doesn't seem to be any motivation behind the posts besides attacking a specific device. It didn't get named top 3 flagship by everyone (and best by some) without a reason. So, again, the-over-the top approach is what killed you here.
Better luck next time... oh, and welcome to the forum.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If agree the 10 is over of the best flagships of the year. If your unit sucks, might be worth talking to HTC about it. If that doesn't solve it, we can try to help troubleshoot things but there are also other great devices available.

Ripley

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
hi
i came on to this HTC forum because a colleague of mine absolutely adores HTC and is looking forward to getting the 10 in a couple of days
i've never owned one but my colleague has always had them
when i saw the headline about it i thought oh no ....but really???
i get you're disappointed that you got a bad device it unfortunately happens ( i remember going to pieces when my brand new moto 3rd gen went loopy after a couple of hours)! but i just returned it and got a replacement and i've been lucky in the years since that i've not had another
i have just got a galaxy s6 edge yes there was a lot of hype about it when it first came out and personally i agree with most of it and yes i would be very disappointed if it "crashed" or stopped functioning after 36 hours but again i would get a replacement
i'm sure i would of gone on the Samsung forum to vent my disappointment but i certainly wouldn't accuse all that "raved" about it as liars
i will still encourage my colleague to go for the HTC 10 and fingers crossed he doesn't get a dud!

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I think your post is better suited directly at HTC, we can't replace your phone, they can.

It's just a phone. If you don't like it sell it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

5) 2 day battery life... lol������. I've drained and charged this phone twice in less than 36 hours. It's battery is about as good as my 3 year old HTC One MAX.

Welcome to the forums.

1. Are you referring to the heads up notifications? I killed all of mine. I found them to be annoying.

2. Most androids don't have a touch recalibration baked into the ROM. I think out of all of mine, I have seen it once on a stock device.

3. I would suggest a different keyboard from Play.

4. I would suggest getting an exchange.

5. Every OEM over exaggerates their battery life. To be more precise, their statements usually are true, but that means using the device as minimally as possible.