Problems with the Nougat Update

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have Sprint in USA. Two problems I noticed on my HTC 10
1 - It only keeps 5 recent apps open, in the past I would have 20-30, with no problem. Now it will keep many open, but a few hours later when I open the phone, it will only have 5 open. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

Also the "Clear All" button is really big and covers most of the most recent window. Any way to move or make it smaller?

2 - I have wifi from the cable company. They have a 2.4 and 5G wifi. I used to connect on the 5G, but now it is not showing as available on the phone. I noticed I was not using wifi, and had to connect to the 2.4. Why is this?

Thank you.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint in USA. Two problems I noticed on my HTC 10
1 - It only keeps 5 recent apps open, in the past I would have 20-30, with no problem. Now it will keep many open, but a few hours later when I open the phone, it will only have 5 open. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

Also the "Clear All" button is really big and covers most of the most recent window. Any way to move or make it smaller?

2 - I have wifi from the cable company. They have a 2.4 and 5G wifi. I used to connect on the 5G, but now it is not showing as available on the phone. I noticed I was not using wifi, and had to connect to the 2.4. Why is this?

Thank you.

You might want clear your cache partition. I'm on Sprint too, and the only problem I had was the Playstore white screen. Thats seems to work normally now. I'm connected to my 5G network and I was able to see a dozen recent apps with the clear all button, normal size at the bottom...

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
https://www.androidexplained.com/htc-10-wipe-cache-partition/
I did this and Play Store is opening, although a bit slower than before the update. Thanks
What about #1 problem with the Recent Apps, how do I get it so that more than 5 will stay open and not close automatically after an hour? Also the big "Close All" is really annoying.

Also, I am not sure where the setting is to allow wifi 5G. I was getting 5G before, but it stopped with the update. Thank you.

tim_hobbs

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
https://www.androidexplained.com/htc-10-wipe-cache-partition/
I did this and Play Store is opening, although a bit slower than before the update. Thanks
What about #1 problem with the Recent Apps, how do I get it so that more than 5 will stay open and not close automatically after an hour? Also the big "Close All" is really annoying.

Also, I am not sure where the setting is to allow wifi 5G. I was getting 5G before, but it stopped with the update. Thank you.
The recent apps issue may be due to the boost app optimising memory, you can switch this off in the apps settings. As for WiFi, scan for available networks and the 5g should show to connect to

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Where in tha App settings. I am sorry I do not see where.

Also, I have scanned for 5G many times, it suddenly was not there after the update.
Thank you.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have never opened Boost on this or previous phones and it always kept the apps open.
How is unchecking the Smart Boost different than Optimizing Background Apps?

Any way to get the clear all button smaller, like it used to be?
Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana