Re: a problem with a Samsung Galaxy S-21

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
The phone dropped off the table onto a concrete slab and the screen came off the phone. I also have been having problems with the power on button sticking, I can't get the phone to come on. I got the power button unstuck but now the screen is blank. I plugged the phone into the laptop and I get on the laptop a window open with on the very top of the window saying (Galaxy S21 + 5G) further down the window there is (> This PC > Galaxy S21 + 5G and the arrow down) and bellow that is (This folder is empty). What gives???? Why can't I assess the stuff stored in the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In order for the PC to read the phone's storage, the phone has to be unlocked, and you may also have to go to the USB connection options on the phone to allow file access. Since the screen is damaged, that's presumably why this is happening.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
In order for the PC to read the phone's storage, the phone has to be unlocked, and you may also have to go to the USB connection options on the phone to allow file access. Since the screen is damaged, that's presumably why this is happening.
Thanks B. Diddy. I had a feeling that was the problem when the screen popped off.

Reactions: B. Diddy

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Screen came off? That's a new one outside of cheapo brands.

Anyway, a simple solution is to get a USB-C dock dongle. Nothing special, just one with HDMI and a USB port or two. Dex should kick in when it detects the hub connected to HDMI. From there you should be able to access the menus.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Screen came off? That's a new one outside of cheapo brands.

Anyway, a simple solution is to get a USB-C dock dongle. Nothing special, just one with HDMI and a USB port or two. Dex should kick in when it detects the hub connected to HDMI. From there you should be able to access the menus.
Yeah never heard the front screen come off , cracked yes , yikes .

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter