Recondtioned HTC 10 battery drain

Joanne Fox

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got a. Unlocked HTC 10. The bartery is draining lime crazy. I have bee using it for w
2 hours and it's gone from 100 to 40 also I dont see how you change the screen ze

Setting so the screen does t shutoff right away. Very disappointed

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings > Display > timeout. But keeping the screen on longer increases the battery drain.

And what does a "reconditioned" battery mean? You can't recondition a battery like you can recondition a phone. The batteries, like the phone, were made in 2016. A battery sitting on the shelf for 3 years isn't going to be in very good condition.

Charge the phone to 100%, then use it until it drains to 40%, then recharge it. Go thorough 3 cycles of that, and that's about the best you're going to get.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And what does a "reconditioned" battery mean? You can't recondition a battery like you can recondition a phone. The batteries, like the phone, were made in 2016. A battery sitting on the shelf for 3 years isn't going to be in very good condition.

I'm thinking Joanne means the phone was reconditioned/refurbished, but the company that did it either didn't bother replacing the battery or had old stock that wasn't cared for.

Either way, I would talk to the place you bought it from to see if they will replace the battery. Given the age of the phone, a good battery may no longer exist, so it's going to be a crap shoot either way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you just set the phone up? Setting a phone up for the first time can use a lot of energy, because it's busy downloading and installing system updates and apps, and also syncing your data from your account to the phone. Does this battery drain persist after a few days of normal use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87