Update for the Aria!

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Even though I'm on Cyanogen I'm still excited for this (especially since it seems like Froyo is near for anyone who's on stock or Liberated). Kinda sucks that everything gets deleted though.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Houston, we have a problem. I backed up my apps using Astro, then did the update. After the update, went to restore the backup and it says it can't install apps from anywhere other than the Market. Yikes!

Hopefully there is a way around this? Can I get the backup off the SD card, onto the pc, then use the sync software (the one that allows sideloading) to load the restored apps?

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Humph. I can't log into Google. It keeps telling me I don't have a network connection even though I have both data and WiFi connected and everything else that requires a connection (Peep, Facebook, browser, email) all work just fine.

HexiJosh

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, something fishy is going on. I installed the update, reinstalled all my apps manually (thanks AT&T), but several apps, 2 of which I paid for, aren't showing up in the store and Appbrain won't let me install them either. Remote for iTunes, NYTimes, a Hanafuda game, Fandango and Percent Calculator are all gone.

laddcapt

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This might seem dumb but how do you update a andriod phone. I am coming from BB and am used to desk top software. I have gone to the link and downloaded the update. Do I click on the update and plug in the phone? My phone is set to charge only when plugged in.

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This might seem dumb but how do you update a andriod phone. I am coming from BB and am used to desk top software. I have gone to the link and downloaded the update. Do I click on the update and plug in the phone? My phone is set to charge only when plugged in.

You need to have the phone in HTC Sync mode to run the RUU executable. The RUU app has a readme file that explains all of the steps in full.

Regards,

Tom

brivette007

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
hey, it now has HTC Aria in the model number instead of Liberty!!

Lol yay! :p

My phone updated without a hitch. Only pain was going though the setup process again. Also I was stupid and didn't save my contacts to my sim, so I had to get them off my old phone.
There must be some apps ATT doesn't approve of or something, but all I was able to retrieve all of mine.

laddcapt

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the HTC sync. I didnt see anywhere to back up the phone. Do I need to back anything up? I use gmail for calender and contacts. Exchange mail which is on a sever. I have a couple of Apps but they came from the market place. It looks as if there is nothing that I need to back up. Right???

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Help

I keep trying to update but the program tells me my phone has less then 30% battery life. battery is fully charged even tried different batteries. The phone is rooted with unrevoked 3. Reason i wanted to update is Friend Stream keeps force closing HELP :eek:

Mike

TheBar1

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So I ran the Aria update, but I got burned by SplashID no longer being included in the Market post-update (along with my copy of the free NYTimes app, which was previously reported).

I'm going to reach out to SplashID Customer Support, as their app cost me $9.95 when I purchased it originally. Pretty annoying!