10-24-2010 08:09 AM
29 12
tools
    HTC's support site has a firmware update for the Aria. While it's sadly not froyo, the update adds OTA update support along with some other goodies. So this update seems to be preparing us for the big one...
    Linky: HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Aria™ (AT&T) - Downloads
    09-14-2010 02:13 PM
    Even though I'm on Cyanogen I'm still excited for this (especially since it seems like Froyo is near for anyone who's on stock or Liberated). Kinda sucks that everything gets deleted though.
    09-14-2010 02:28 PM
    just got home from work, went to download this, and it just redirects you to the support site. oh well, it will be up soon...
    09-14-2010 04:24 PM
    The link to the download is broken on HTC's site.
    09-14-2010 04:59 PM
    This link works now!
    09-14-2010 08:35 PM
    Sweet! Downloading as soon as I get home!
    09-14-2010 09:24 PM
    how do you back up your data?
    09-14-2010 09:31 PM
    Houston, we have a problem. I backed up my apps using Astro, then did the update. After the update, went to restore the backup and it says it can't install apps from anywhere other than the Market. Yikes!

Hopefully there is a way around this? Can I get the backup off the SD card, onto the pc, then use the sync software (the one that allows sideloading) to load the restored apps?
    09-14-2010 09:42 PM
    Humph. I can't log into Google. It keeps telling me I don't have a network connection even though I have both data and WiFi connected and everything else that requires a connection (Peep, Facebook, browser, email) all work just fine.
    09-14-2010 10:50 PM
    IRT my previous comment - I turned off WiFI and it synched right up with Google. Go figure.
    09-14-2010 10:58 PM
    Ok, something fishy is going on. I installed the update, reinstalled all my apps manually (thanks AT&T), but several apps, 2 of which I paid for, aren't showing up in the store and Appbrain won't let me install them either. Remote for iTunes, NYTimes, a Hanafuda game, Fandango and Percent Calculator are all gone.
    09-15-2010 12:19 AM
    Odd. AppBrain reinstalled all my apps without problem, although I don't have any paid ones.
    09-15-2010 07:41 AM
    Looks like there is an update to the clock widgets...extra choices. Not sure I'll use any of them, but they look cool.
    09-15-2010 08:34 AM
    hey, it now has HTC Aria in the model number instead of Liberty!!
    09-15-2010 10:11 AM
    This might seem dumb but how do you update a andriod phone. I am coming from BB and am used to desk top software. I have gone to the link and downloaded the update. Do I click on the update and plug in the phone? My phone is set to charge only when plugged in.
    09-15-2010 03:08 PM
    This might seem dumb but how do you update a andriod phone. I am coming from BB and am used to desk top software. I have gone to the link and downloaded the update. Do I click on the update and plug in the phone? My phone is set to charge only when plugged in.
    You need to have the phone in HTC Sync mode to run the RUU executable. The RUU app has a readme file that explains all of the steps in full.

Regards,

Tom
    09-15-2010 09:54 PM
    hey, it now has HTC Aria in the model number instead of Liberty!!
    Lol yay!

My phone updated without a hitch. Only pain was going though the setup process again. Also I was stupid and didn't save my contacts to my sim, so I had to get them off my old phone.
    There must be some apps ATT doesn't approve of or something, but all I was able to retrieve all of mine.
    09-16-2010 10:58 AM
    I downloaded the HTC sync. I didnt see anywhere to back up the phone. Do I need to back anything up? I use gmail for calender and contacts. Exchange mail which is on a sever. I have a couple of Apps but they came from the market place. It looks as if there is nothing that I need to back up. Right???
    09-16-2010 03:35 PM
    I keep trying to update but the program tells me my phone has less then 30% battery life. battery is fully charged even tried different batteries. The phone is rooted with unrevoked 3. Reason i wanted to update is Friend Stream keeps force closing HELP :o

Mike
    09-16-2010 09:33 PM
    So I ran the Aria update, but I got burned by SplashID no longer being included in the Market post-update (along with my copy of the free NYTimes app, which was previously reported).

I'm going to reach out to SplashID Customer Support, as their app cost me $9.95 when I purchased it originally. Pretty annoying!
    09-20-2010 10:20 AM
    I also have the same problem. After updating to the new ROM, none of the protected apps (free or paid) show up in the Market. I emailed HTC and this is what they said in response:

"I understand that you are unable to access some apps that you paid for after doing the update on your HTC Aria. The reason why this happens is because Google has an authentication process that they use when it comes to paid apps to make sure that you are using apps legitimately. When a new ROM is released for a phone, it usually takes a couple of days for them to update the database so that your phone is recognized. If it has been 2 or 3 days since you have updated your phone, I would recommend contacting the developers of the apps that you purchased. The point of this is that they can complain to Google and hopefully get them to correct the issues so your phone is able to access the apps you paid for and at the very least, you should be able to get a refund from the developer if the apps cannot be restored to your phone.

Sincerely,

Rafael"

Currently, other phones that just got firmware updates also have the same issue. Hopefully, this will escalate into a big enough problem that will force Google to do something about it.
    09-23-2010 01:06 AM
    Just completed the update. No problems but I didn't have any pay or side loaded apps yet. The only problem all of my personalizations were gone. Had to spend some time redoing. Waiting for Froyo now.
    09-24-2010 09:48 AM
    Just completed the update. No problems but I didn't have any pay or side loaded apps yet. The only problem all of my personalizations were gone. Had to spend some time redoing. Waiting for Froyo now.
    Yeah, I am in the same boat. If I had known then what I know now, I would have passed on this update. I didn't realize all of my settings would be lost. The added features weren't worth the effort, IMO.
    09-24-2010 09:51 AM
    Hopefully this will pave the way for Froyo 2.2 that will be worth it. Can't wait.
    09-24-2010 03:36 PM
    yes 2.2 is coming, i had similar problems as everyone else so i rooted my Aria and have had 0 problems..
    09-25-2010 12:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD