Can someone do me a quick favor?

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I've got an HTC Desire 510 phone, and both of the apps for Sam's Club (the regular one and the Scan and Go one) are saying they aren't compatible with my phone. The regular Sam's Club app worked fine for over a year until the last update, where it said it's no longer compatible. This is the first app I've tried to install that said it wasn't compatible. (see below)

Can someone look up these two apps on Google Play Store and see if you get the same message? You don't need to install it or anything. It will tell you when you try and look it up. I just want to know if there is something funky with my phone, or is it all HTC or HTC Desire phones.

TIA

sams app.JPG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you search for the app on the Google Play Store app on the phone? Does nothing show up at all?

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
What happens if you search for the app on the Google Play Store app on the phone? Does nothing show up at all?

That screenshot above is what I got when I still had the app installed, but it couldn't be used without updating it. Now that I've uninstalled it, this is what the screen looks like when I look up the app on the Google Play Store...

sams club screenshot.jpg

As I said, I've had that app for over a year and it's worked fine until the last update. My WalMart apps work just fine too (WalMart owns Sam's and use a similar app). I just want someone with a similar phone to look it up to see if all HTC or HTC Desire phones running KitKat 4.4.2 are getting the same message, or if there is something wonky with my particular phone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the clarification. The reason I asked was because the first screenshot looked like the Play Store website on your desktop browser.

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
It was, sorry about that, but it showed up as incompatible on there too. I'm assuming you have a similar phone since you're in this area of the forum. Were you able to look it up and see if you got the same message? BTW, my brother-in-law has a Samsung phone also running KitKat 4.4.2, and he says he was able to install it on his phone, which makes me wonder if it's an HTC thing or something is wrong with my phone in particular.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have an HTC phone. As an Ambassador, I'm kind of everywhere!;) If I don't have a definitive answer, I either try to guide people in the right direction, or ask for clarification that will allow others to help. Good luck!

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Ah, gotcha. Sounds like a full time job with all the phones on the market. I'm about ready to give up on it anyway. It's an old phone, out of date OS, terrible camera with no auto focus or flash, and minimal internal memory. I'm looking instead at Cricket's LG X-Power phone to replace the HTC with but I'm having trouble finding information about it on here unless it's under a different name. If you can point me in that phone's direction, it would be appreciated. TIA.

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I've already found some individual posts about the X-Power phone, but couldn't find the dedicated subforum. I thought it might be under a model number as opposed to the name. Thanks though.