Why does my HTC Desire Eye camera freeze and stops working?

A

AC Question

My HTC Desire eye camera freezes and stops working

I've had this phone for a year nearly and it works totally fine, just up until yesterday my camera has been acting weird. It opens up fine, its just that it takes picture very slow, like it takes up to a minute for the camera to actually take a picture. I checked on my google app store if it needs an update but it doesn't. Can someone help me please and tell me what going on? Also I don't know how to factory reset this.

Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My HTC Desire eye camera freezes and stops working

Try downloading another camera app from the Play Store, diagnostically. Tell us how that behaves.

pheth

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

The exact same thing has happened to the camera on my HTC One M8 - yesterday it worked, today it is going slow or does not work. It is not just the shutter button, other buttons mis-behave as well when using the camera app. Other apps which access the camera hardware (instagram and whatsapp) behave fine, as do all other apps (as far as I can tell).

Any ideas?

Antzito

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

This is driving me crazy. Have the exact same problem too. Yesterday (27/8) my camera was perfect. Suddenly, it is extremely laggy, tried to factory reset the phone but it didn´t help. I have installed the Google camera apk and it works just fine. Let´s see if someone knows how to fix this. To clarify, my phone is a M8 running stock MM.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Let's see if more reports come in from other users. It may be due to some update or other.
It would help to know whether all the phones affected have something in common, such as carrier and region.

Juel-1989

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem with my HTC one m8.
Taking pictures with Snapchat, WhatsApp etc. works fine. Only the Camera app is very slow. It takes about 10 seconds After pressing the button to Take the picture...
Anyone an idea?

GazzaScotland

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

Same issue on my M8. Seen a mention on twitter to uninstall the updates for "HTC Speak". Seems to have fixed it for me.

Darne

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Same issue on my M8. Seen a mention on twitter to uninstall the updates for "HTC Speak". Seems to have fixed it for me.

Thow this didn't work I tried other stuff and got my cam work again. Turned on the enegy saver, started cam app, and it worked. Turned energy saver off again and cam app still worked!

aki88

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

Hi..where can i find that HTC Speak? And my phone is rooted..is that ok?

Goyathlay67

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I got exactly the same problem on 27/06 with stock M8.
Camera app is freezing and sometimes the phone too. I already factory reset and it's still the same.
And i cant find htc speak either so there still must be something else..

Edit: Seems htc is working on a fix already.

Last edited:

dmarsh87

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue too with my HTC Desire 626, I did a factory reset and the camera worked fine for a short while before freezing up again.