going back to stock from EvilEris

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure its been asked but I'm not finding it here, but I'm wondering how to go back to stock with my Eris. I have EvilEris on it but it keeps losing sounds with the phone calls and sounds while I'm pressing the keys. I have to keep taking the battery out to fix all that.

Any kinda help would be helpful...I'm wondering if I need to take it to Verizon or if its a bug with the ROM.

Thanks for any kinda info.

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
im assuming, I'm not sure. I will start to dial a number and the sound will go away. Then when someone calls me afterwards, the sound will no work at all but will be turned up according to the phone.

it's been kinda buggy at times, but overall it's been awesome to use. Is it possible to go back to stock if I have not done a backup or anything?

xstrider

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I dug around for you and found this post.

Full Downgrade from 2.1root (any) to 1.5 stock - FULLY WORKING - xda-developers

Looks like it would take you back to 1.5 than I guess you would just have OTA to 2.1.

The last post points to the files being on Android Forums which is down for Maintenace. I didn't go through the whole post to see why the OP removed the files exactly or to see if anyone had issues. I would read it first before attempting to make sure no one reported bricking thier phone.

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the link, I'm checking it all out and it seems pretty cut and dry. From what I'm reading, i just have to re-run the update to get 2.1 back going.

but this is a question I've had that has been unanswered, maybe cause people don't know yet, but since the new update is coming out Friday, will this just take me back to stock anyways?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that every rooted distribution disables automatic updates. If you stay with Evil Eris, it will not install any OTA. (However, it's likely that the dev will incorporate any improvements into an Evil Eris update.)

I have never gone back to stock, but it sure looks as do-able as rooting. And you can always re-root later on, if you wish.

xstrider

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that every rooted distribution disables automatic updates. If you stay with Evil Eris, it will not install any OTA. (However, it's likely that the dev will incorporate any improvements into an Evil Eris update.)

I have never gone back to stock, but it sure looks as do-able as rooting. And you can always re-root later on, if you wish.

I agree. I think most if not all block OTA from coming in. I did skim a bit and you might have to install a different ROM to get the roll back to work correctly. But I was intoxicated when I skimmed it lol, so like I said before make sure you read all of the instructions. Maybe they ironed stuff out on the adndroid forums as well.