text messaging?

joe_5962

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Using 2.1 OTA update also using standard and handcent text app? Can someone tell me how to disable the factory standard text message so I can use handcent only?

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Go into messages/settings/received messages. Then disable everything in there. Then set up your handcent settings and you should be good to go.

ATP

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it weird that Handcent is now slower than the HTC messaging app after the 2.1 update on my phone? I uninstalled it because it lagged as bad as the 1.5 HTC messaging app did.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
Is it weird that Handcent is now slower than the HTC messaging app after the 2.1 update on my phone? I uninstalled it because it lagged as bad as the 1.5 HTC messaging app did.

This could be because you need to delete some text messages lol.

chimpsnest

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I also was using handcent before the update, I love the way it's so customizable - after the update its more laggy than, well, I don't know, but it's ridiculous. So, I uninstalled it and tried the regular messaging app, it's not really any better, imho. Installed Chomp and that started causing force close issues w/the messaging app, so I uninstalled chomp too.

Now, I've reinstalled handcent and am going back and forth between that and messaging.

this update has not been too impressive. I don't have a ton of text messages on the phone, and don't have too many things installed, so I really don't know what's going on. I've done the factor reset and have soft reset/rebooted a few times too. Fixes things for a few, but not for good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy