issues sending emojis from iphone to S24 Ultra

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone!!

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this issue, and how to fix it.

So I have a new s24 Ultra and my girlfriend has an iPhone 15. When she tries to send my s24 a text with emojis (this happens with texts containing only emojis and texts with words AND emojis), she gets a message saying the text couldn't be sent, referring to the emojis. If she sends a text message saying for instance "I love You" with an emoji, I'll get the "I love You" but the emoji disappears. This didn't happen prior to me getting the s24, and has only happened with her iPhone. I used a Samsung A53 5g previously and never had an issue. Also, I can receive emojis from my friend's phone, and my work phone, which are both Samsung phones. When my girlfriend texts my work phone from her iPhone, there's also no issues. She texts using Google Voice and the iPhone messaging app, and both fail to send emojis.

I transferred my data and settings from my A53 using SmartSwitch, and I don't see any settings that have changed for this issue to arise. It's only an emoji. I can send emojis, pics, and gifs to her with no problems. She can also send gifs and pictures to me with no issues. I'm using the Messages app from Google.

I appreciate any help you can render. Thank you.

Last edited:

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
it just seems weird that it happens with her Google Voice number and iPhone number. If it was either or, I could understand removing her and adding her back, but it seems like it's a compatibility issue possibly??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it just seems weird that it happens with her Google Voice number and iPhone number. If it was either or, I could understand removing her and adding her back, but it seems like it's a compatibility issue possibly??
Possible something happened when you transferred from your previous Samsung to the s24

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!!

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this issue, and how to fix it.

So I have a new s24 Ultra and my girlfriend has an iPhone 15. When she tries to send my s24 a text with emojis (this happens with texts containing only emojis and texts with words AND emojis), she gets a message saying the text couldn't be sent, referring to the emojis. If she sends a text message saying for instance "I love You" with an emoji, I'll get the "I love You" but the emoji disappears. This didn't happen prior to me getting the s24, and has only happened with her iPhone. I used a Samsung A53 5g previously and never had an issue. Also, I can receive emojis from my friend's phone, and my work phone, which are both Samsung phones. When my girlfriend texts my work phone from her iPhone, there's also no issues. She texts using Google Voice and the iPhone messaging app, and both fail to send emojis.

I transferred my data and settings from my A53 using SmartSwitch, and I don't see any settings that have changed for this issue to arise. It's only an emoji. I can send emojis, pics, and gifs to her with no problems. She can also send gifs and pictures to me with no issues. I'm using the Messages app from Google.

I appreciate any help you can render. Thank you.
I agree with @mustang7757 and delete her contact and readd. But if you don't want to try that first, maybe uninstall and reinstall google messages. I've had that solve some issues for me. Just switch default messaging app to samsung messages or other, or backup messages first then try this. If my suggestion doesn't work, then definitely try mustang's advice. Good luck! I have no problems receiving emoji's or gif's from iphone people supposedly.

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
So, as an update, I backed up all my messages to my A53, and deleted all 3 of her contacts and tried the texts again, while I was present. Still had issues. I've determined that it's an issue with Google Voice to my s24. There's no issue when she texts straight from her iPhone or work cell to my phone, but any texts with emojis made using Google Voice are affected. This issue is not present on my work phone from her three numbers (i.e., Google Voice, work cell, and iPhone number). I did also try to switch between the Google Messages, and Samsung's Messages, but I wasn't receiving ANY texts at all, not even from my work phone when I sent test texts. Who knows. I tried looking through the settings on her iPhone, but Google Voice doesn't seem to have any settings or options to change. Messages does, but not Google Voice. At the end of the day, it's nothing major but it's still weird and I shouldn't be having the issue.

Thank you for your help and tips.

Also, I asked my Director to text me an emoji from her iPhone and as of this post, I still have yet to get it (~5 hours).

SOXofPWR

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
I thought I did that. I went to Google's page and it sorta directed me to the Community Forum. Whenever I click on help, it takes me back there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter