How Do I Flash My Eris to another provider

abrocket111

May 1, 2011
Visit site
i want to flash the cdma to be able to use eris on maybe sprint or some other service or prepaid plan, optimus s wont even root, ive downloaded all the sdk and jdk developer tools but they always butt heads and say the other is not installed on pc, ive re-installed the sdk, jdk programs over and over... and yes i have the latest .net framework too. so if i can just flash my old vzn eris to another service this would be great, thanks..
:confused:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i want to flash the cdma to be able to use eris on maybe sprint or some other service or prepaid plan, optimus s wont even root, ive downloaded all the sdk and jdk developer tools but they always butt heads and say the other is not installed on pc, ive re-installed the sdk, jdk programs over and over... and yes i have the latest .net framework too. so if i can just flash my old vzn eris to another service this would be great, thanks..
:confused:

As far as I know, you will not be able to use on a contract plan on Sprint - Sprint will not allow phones that did not originate with them on their network.

I'm a Verizon person, so I have never tried any of this (though I am thinking about it, just for the heck of it, as I have upgraded from my Eris but still have it), but here is a thread on xda-developers.com that has links for Cricket and MetroPCS: Cricket / MetroPCS Web/MMS Flash 8/9 - xda-developers

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The issue is not only that another carrier won't activate the phone on their network, but also that the phone is not compatible with their network. Sprint and Verizon both use CDMA networks on different frequencies.

Some carriers share similar frequencies, thus phones being compatible with Boost, Cricket, etc. However, you will need to unlock the phone, which is not always easy or recommended.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk