02-17-2010 10:47 AM
28 12
tools
    So, I got my Eris from Best Buy, and the guy said that the Zagg protectors were really good, so my mom picked up the overpriced thing(With my money, of course). When I put it on, it seemed to go okay, but I got freaked out when I saw some lines under it and I tried to clean it and it got covered and fuzzies and it was...bad.

We somehow returned it and got a second one, my dad put it on but a piece of string was there and it bothers me, but I realized...whenever I'm on white, its like a fuzzy rainbow. wtf?

I feel sad.

Should I even use a screen protector? Are the Verizon ones any good?

(I'm using a case too, so no full body ones.)
    01-30-2010 11:34 PM
    Depends on how you treat it. Personally I don't use screen protectors but I am super careful with all of my devices. That's just me though.
    01-30-2010 11:41 PM
    I've been pretty OCD with this phone so far. Its like my baby. <3

The second day I had it I didn't have a case and I screwed up the first screen protector so I wrapped it in the lint free cloth that came with the Zagg and tied it with my earbuds. It looked stupid, but it worked.
    01-30-2010 11:55 PM
    try the verizon screen protectors...they come in a three pack and are cut to the eris screen shape..i bought a pack in early december still on the first screen cover and works fantastic...
    01-30-2010 11:56 PM
    How do you feel with the white backgrounds? If it gives that 'rainbow' effect I'll just go screenless, it looks ugly and one of my favorite apps uses a white background.
    01-31-2010 12:03 AM
    I have my Hero Zagged without issue. The nice thing about Zagg is they offer a 100% guarantee, if you're in your 45 day period you can return it for a full refund if you're not satisfied. ZAGG | Lifetime Guarantee

I had them do the install for me too, figure it's best left up to the professionals.
    01-31-2010 12:19 AM
    I have a Zagg on my Droid and had one on my Palm Pre before. I have never had an issue with them before, and I personally think they are well worth it. I find regular screen protectors scratch easily, but the Zagg protectors can be wiped off and still look great.
    01-31-2010 12:40 AM
    Depends on how you treat it. Personally I don't use screen protectors but I am super careful with all of my devices. That's just me though.
    That's what I do too I bought a 15 pack of screen protectors, used one, but messed it up when I installed it and i just like the feel better of the actual screen. The screen protectors mess up the smoothness when you move your finger up and down.
    01-31-2010 01:13 AM
    imo screen protectors on capacitive screens are extraneous.on my resistive tilt they were key cause the screen had to be soft and flexible to allow screen taps to register.that being said, the glass on the eris should be strong enough to handle every day use without a protector. I hate that gummy rainbow effect they cause.
    01-31-2010 01:37 AM
    I love the one I got from Seido....the zagg I tried was a royal PITA to install. Try the ones from Seido for the Eris....simple not messy and works great...I think it's a great idea as I can't even tell it is there and protects the screen from all those scratches that happen over time.
    01-31-2010 09:33 AM
    I might just go pick up some one's from Verizon next week, at least in the next month, but I'll just deal with the rainbow effect and that random piece of string for now. I don't notice the rainbow if I hold my phone reaaal far away.
    01-31-2010 12:44 PM
    i got the ghost armor done. they screwed it up the first time so i went back. replaced it. one week later removed it all. started peeling. screen wasnt as responsive as it is without a protector. like the feel of that rubber that comes stock. long story shot. i didnt like it haha.
    02-01-2010 08:09 PM
    I can't say I love my Zagg screen protector....but with it on and with the light shell I don't worry about it getting scratched in my pocket by anything. Don't worry if my keys, my paper clip collection or whatever else i might find on the street and put in my pocket.
    02-02-2010 10:22 AM
    I have no problem w/ my Zagg and love it. I work at Best Buy and had one of the guys who works in the cell phone department install it for me. I have no rainbow effect or lint under my screen.
    02-02-2010 11:17 AM
    Depends on you and accidents. I've been using Zagg protection on all my electronic devices for around 3-4 years (various mp3 and cell phones). All of those devices still look new with no scratches. Most of them are still 100% attached without peeling (my wife's blackberry peeled on the side, but that usually from installation error.

I actually dropped my phone on the concrete.. hit my foot then bounced onto the cement.. thought for sure I was a gonner. picked up the phone and the zagg didn't even scratch (as I expected), the only flaw now is the plastic not protected near the USB plug is now scratched... oh well. phone still works and the zagg didn't scratch! They've got a customer for life. If you hate the install yourself you can have someone at the mall zagg locations install it for you. But if you do it without flaws... it should out last your phone. :-)
    02-02-2010 11:29 AM
    I have a zagg on my moment. I let bestbuy put it on and have not had any problems!
    02-02-2010 12:20 PM
    No protector. The glass screen is as scratch-proof as they come. I've had both a Moto Droid and Eris for several months of heavy use with no scratches to the screens. I'm a lot more worried about dropping the things than a scratch. From the tests that were done, anything severe enough to scratch one of these screens would go right through a screen protector anyway.
    02-02-2010 12:49 PM
    Best Skins Ever is JUST as good if not BETTER for less than half the price for the full body kit !!! Easier to apply too !
    02-02-2010 12:56 PM
    02-02-2010 01:31 PM
    The Zagg/Invisiblesheild lifted on me.. Went with the verizon one.. lifted as well.
    I like the verizon one much better though, I saw lines on the Zagg/InvisibleSheild
    02-02-2010 02:16 PM
    I have the official verizon ones, i got them when i bought the phone on launch day. It comes with 3 protectors and a cloth to wipe it off. I've had the original one on since Nov 6th and have had 0 problems with it. It's actually very nice.
    02-02-2010 02:46 PM
    I have my Hero Zagged without issue. The nice thing about Zagg is they offer a 100% guarantee, if you're in your 45 day period you can return it for a full refund if you're not satisfied. ZAGG | Lifetime Guarantee

I had them do the install for me too, figure it's best left up to the professionals.

I plan on getting my N1 zagged. Did you get it installed at Best Buy? I'm worried they won't be as good with N1 since it's new.

thanks
    02-02-2010 02:55 PM
    I'm sick of hearing of all these people all worrying over there screen scratching. I DON'T use one cause it CAN'T get scratched, if your paying attention to what your doing. I mean you would have to get it run over by a car or have it get dragged on gravel. The point is you would have to really try to scratch the screen to do it, so save your money and buy a case for it but NOT a screen protector. It also makes using your phone a lot better especially if you ever have problems with your soft keys. And this video will prove everything i just mentioned.
    02-08-2010 08:39 PM
    Never say can't, accidents happen (I dropped mine and scratched the part that wasn't covered [usb connector]).

It's made of plastic and glass, they break/scratch after time if your not 100% careful Sh!t happens hehe.

A screen protector/case is like insurance you don't "need" it because most people never get into accidents.... but when you do, your covered (no pun intended)

If you read the comments in that youtube video one person said they scratched it within the first week.
    and on android forums 3 comments down they scatched it with their key, and the original youtube poster on comment 11 admits he's got 2 SUPER minor scatches. http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-e...urability.html

So ya, you dont need it, but as always everyone should be cautious. To each their own.
    02-09-2010 01:31 PM
    I am sorry myxo that you're sorry of hearing people's concerns over their devices and taking care of it. I was under the impression that the forums were for just that (voicing concerns and getting input)--though I may be wrong.

I must say, though the screen can't get scratched, I personally like the texture of the BSE and the feel of it. I don't want a case on my phone, I think it adds too much volume, but the BSE adds just enough for me. In addition, though the glass screen itself may not be scatchable--other parts of the phone are, and I personally, choose to protect them--though still, do not want a big case on the phone.

The cool thing is, we all have experience to share, and knowledge to gain and the more people that share the better.
    02-09-2010 04:27 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD