Don't buy the new HTC 3d case with kickstand

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
New design
HTC EVO 3D Kickstand Case

HTC has redesigned their new case so the charging port is on top. This is great for charging but not so great when viewing some apps. For example Netflix will only play in landscape mode where the touch buttons are on the right. There are a few others as well as some games. You can definitely charge your phone with the new design but you'll have to view some app upside down if youre ok with that but I highly doubt that. So just FYI before you buy this.

Original design (charging port wouldve been on the bottom)
http://androinica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/htc-evo-3d-kickstand-case-02.jpg

Last edited:

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
This depends if the EVO 3D will bill able too watch movies, games, etc. at any angles. You are right about some of the games only going one direction in landscape. Until the phone comes out, or someone with the phone can test this out, we will have to wait and see. Plus pictures can also be wrong . We have to wait until the final product is released, plus you do have other Kickstand cases coming out, like Seidio.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This depends if the EVO 3D will bill able too watch movies, games, etc. at any angles. You are right about some of the games only going one direction in landscape. Until the phone comes out, or someone with the phone can test this out, we will have to wait and see. Plus pictures can also be wrong . We have to wait until the final product is released, plus you do have other Kickstand cases coming out, like Seidio.

I dont think think this is a phone restriction but rather the app themselves. But I sure hope I'm wrong cause I want that case.

sevennc74

May 17, 2011
Visit site
so unless im missing something, if you get netflix and get a case with a kickstand, no matter what kind, you wont be able to watch a movie and charge the phone since the charging port needs to be at the bottom of the screen, so it might not matter what kickstand case you get?

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
so unless im missing something, if you get netflix and get a case with a kickstand, no matter what kind, you wont be able to watch a movie and charge the phone since the charging port needs to be at the bottom of the screen, so it might not matter what kickstand case you get?

get a dock?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That's what it looks like. One or the other but not both at the same time.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have Netflix 1.2.2 loaded on my EVO 3D and it rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise. So this shouldn't be an issue.
Weird. I have 1.2.2 (build 874821-1.20-47) and I can't get it to rotate. Do you need to have something enabled somewhere? I have it on the SD card, if that might make any difference...

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The new netflix does take care of the rotation issue so thats great news. I'm hoping Netflix doesn't do another update so it doesnt asks for it when i run it. What about Blockbuster? Does anyone use it? I don't use it but Im just wondering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch