Viewing recorded 3D content on a 2D screen - is it fuzzy?

Stevies#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm intending to switch from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to either the HTC Sensation or else the EVO 3D when it comes out in the UK in September.

I was wondering if I take a picture or record a video in 3D on the phone what will the picture look like on a 2D display? Will it just be fuzzy like trying to watch a 3D film in the cinema without the glasses?

We recently changed our main TV and couldn't afford a 3D TV so I wouldn't want my pictures/videos to look stupid when outputted via HDMI. Will have to stick to showing off the 3D capabilities on the phone!

Thanks for the help

Stevie

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
3D content has to be converted to 2D so it can be viewed on a 2D display. The evo 3D has a feature that does this automatically if you try to share a pic. It will ask you if you want to convert it to 2d or not.

I don't know about videos but I suspect its the same. Maybe someone else can verify this as I'm at work right now.

Also, the sensation doesn't have 3d capabilities. I think the sensation has a higher megapixel camera and less memory. Both are solid phones, but the extra memory on the evo 3D helps it feel more responsive. I'd get the 3D, the 2D picture quality is good enough on both phones anyway.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I could watch a home video I recorded in 3D on my regular tv so I never tried. However, I accidently played it one day when I meant to play something else and it actually looks pretty decent. Not giving it a 10:10, but I was surprised it looked as good as it did. I expected it to be awful.

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh, forgot to mention, the quality is fine when converting from 3D to 2D, except when sending through sms. For some reason it compresses the pictures for sms way too much and the resolution seems low.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Stevies#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers. Looking like you'll have a Blackberry theme developer joining your ranks in Android Central! HTC EVO 3D it is - roll on the middle of September until it is released.

Thanks again,

Stevie

Reactions: CarrieK