Is it possible to update or reinstall Smart View/Miracast on a Nore 8?

DGMAX

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
I realize most are probably tired of hearing about this, but here is more confusing info. This test was done with the Note 8 and a mixture of ~20 movies downloaded and played within the Prime Video app (some of the same movies previously tested, with a few new ones added).

BTW, so far I have found one movie labeled "Amazon Original" that played from the Note 8 to the 75" Samsung fine, and I also found one not labeled as an Original that would not play. Not sure how/why they differ from the rest.

Again, all movies play fine on the Note 8 screen.

With a Samsung series 5 Smart TV, 32" , all movies play fine while mirroring to the TV. Only some of the movies would display the video when sent to the TV via HDMI cable/adapter.

Encountered similar results with the Samsung Q80, 85" Smart TV, so far, all the movies I tried play fine while mirroring to the TV. Only some of the movies would display the video when sent to the TV via HDMI cable/adapter.

Note, the HDMI adapter used is rated for 4K video, and everything below.

So far, I have not been able to determine a defined pattern and/or some sort of rhyme or reason for this issue...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I realize most are probably tired of hearing about this, but here is more confusing info. This test was done with the Note 8 and a mixture of ~20 movies downloaded and played within the Prime Video app (some of the same movies previously tested, with a few new ones added).

BTW, so far I have found one movie labeled "Amazon Original" that played from the Note 8 to the 75" Samsung fine, and I also found one not labeled as an Original that would not play. Not sure how/why they differ from the rest.

Again, all movies play fine on the Note 8 screen.

With a Samsung series 5 Smart TV, 32" , all movies play fine while mirroring to the TV. Only some of the movies would display the video when sent to the TV via HDMI cable/adapter.

Encountered similar results with the Samsung Q80, 85" Smart TV, so far, all the movies I tried play fine while mirroring to the TV. Only some of the movies would display the video when sent to the TV via HDMI cable/adapter.

Note, the HDMI adapter used is rated for 4K video, and everything below.

So far, I have not been able to determine a defined pattern and/or some sort of rhyme or reason for this issue...

Have you tried a factory reset of the 8? It would be a good test for all the current and future readers of this thread who might be in the same boat ;) I know that's kind of taking one for the team, but it would be good to know if a factory reset 8 would work like the 10+, ie like it's supposed to :)

DGMAX

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset of the 8? It would be a good test for all the current and future readers of this thread who might be in the same boat ;) I know that's kind of taking one for the team, but it would be good to know if a factory reset 8 would work like the 10+, ie like it's supposed to :)

Thought about doing a complete reset, buuuuuuttttt...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87