Water under camera lens

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My leather carrying case from my EVO 4G days has always protected my phone, but I had noticed that the side was ripping (the RadioShack guy tried to convince me to buy an OtterBox Defender for $50, but I said I couldn't justify that cost, especially with cases of the type I have selling on Amazon for $10). When I tried to dart in the middle of a rainstorm here in Pittsburgh, the phone fell out of my ripped case and got "drop-kicked" into a puddle in the street. Thankfully, the phone still works very well, with zero damage to the touchscreen and circuitry, but I saw that I have quite a bit of moisture trapped under the 2D camera lens. Any good ideas on how to take care of this? Right now I'm drying the phone in a box of white rice overnight. Has this helped for anyone? Or am I going to have to fork over $99 to Asurion to get a replacement? Of course, the "have someone at the Sprint Store fix it" option is also nice, if it's possible.

phrosty

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
It to helped my phone that went through the wash a few years ago. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Sent from my EVO 4g using tapatalk.

Claudyna Peou

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
How long did you put you cellphone in rice?
i have a small water drop in the front camera lens.. i've use this trick.. but i need to know if there is another way to get this off!!

Ruben Tony

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey, There were lots of droplets in mine. The first night I put it in, nothing happened. I had to put it in overnight for four nights for it to all disappear. I just filled a zip-lock bag with rice and put it in there every night when I slept

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana