How I use ATK with my Evo 3D

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
"Yes, I can already hear the cries of "You are not supposed to use a task killer with anything above 2.2" Please read on before posting it. "

First and foremost, DO NOT HAVE THE TASK KILLER RUNNING ALL THE TIME. In the task killers list, the task killer program should be one of the programs that are killed when you run it. Running the task killer all the time is what causes the problems with 2.2 and above.

2nd, when I go to run a game like Eternal Legacy, it runs much better and it does not crash between levels, if I use the task killer before hand.

3rd, This does clear up a vast amount of system RAM that the game can use.

4th, I have no idea why I am numbering this.

5th, resist manually running the task killer all the time. ONLY do it before running a system intense game or app. Normal apps and games like "Cut the Rope" you do not need to do this with. There will not be any performance increase. Only on high end games or apps will they run better.

6th, I kind if like the numbers now.

7th, make sure you use a task killer like ATK for Froyo. It is preset not to run in the background for the reasons I said above.

8th, Give it a try for yourself before judging. I have tried it both ways. The ATK way for BEFORE running high end games only, works great.

9th, use a task killer the old way when it kills task on its own, you are asking for problems and low battery life.

10th, I don't really have a 10th, but it seems like a better number to end on then 9. :cool:

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's all fine and dandy but I'd like some hard numbers about how this technique increases your battery life and by how much

exile

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
+2

I kill my apps all the time just because. Its like my computer when I don't want any unnecessary background programs to be running.

I haven't had any problems...

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
it has nothing to do increasing battery life. It has to do with increasing performance. Give the game a little boost. It has been well documented however that letting task killers run all time does lower battery life.

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
True and funny at the same time!!! Hahaha...anyway, that's exactly what I do when I run a heavy game

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
How is this any different from using the one Sense has built in it? Seems kind of pointless when I can just jump into a task killer from my "Quick Settings" menu. That also seems like a safer method than one that has shown problems in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress