Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The phone is amazing. I'll love it even more when I can get rid of all the junk I dont use. My android experience dates back to the Hero...then the EVO...then the Epic...then the NS4G and now the 3D. I'm in love. At once I thought nothing could beat the Epic...I've been proven wrong. I still own my NS4G and normally I bounce back and forth between phones but I dont see myself doing that any time soon. I'll be using the 3D for quite sometime. At least until the GSII releases then I'll be trying that. But the 3D is a great device. I dont really need the 3D feature but thats nothing that detracts from my feels about the device.

von11

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to say I've been very impressed with the evo3D! First android device, coming from webos, and I have to say I don't miss too much about webos (especially the lack of applications :)). With the great save states and speed of the device I haven't had any trouble in regards to multitasking or anything like that. Having a great first go with Android!

pseudobbs

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Reading a few reviews, some have stated that even native apps can be moved to the SD card, but my Evo 3D does not seem to do this. From Settings>Applications or from the SD Card & Storage menus, neither allows me to move native apps. Any suggestions? Was I misinformed? Also, Sprint NASCAR is the only native app I've been able to remove from the phone, and I was also under the impression a great deal of native apps were available for uninstall from the Evo 3D...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Reading a few reviews, some have stated that even native apps can be moved to the SD card, but my Evo 3D does not seem to do this. From Settings>Applications or from the SD Card & Storage menus, neither allows me to move native apps. Any suggestions? Was I misinformed? Also, Sprint NASCAR is the only native app I've been able to remove from the phone, and I was also under the impression a great deal of native apps were available for uninstall from the Evo 3D...

Never heard about moving to sd card with the native apps but i have myself removed alot more then just nascar. Try blockbuster for starters.

EVO-LUTION 3D

msmhensley

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I miss the Evo 4G's 8MP camera, Evo 3D takes terrible 2D pics IMO i miss the quality and warmth of the Evo 4g's pictures. I also miss the kickstand but i guess i can buy a case that has one. Everything else on the phone is cool, would sacrafice 3D camera for 8mp 2D Camera. :-\

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been missing the kickstand alot here lately too. Seidio just came out with there's I'm gonna get one here soon.

I miss the Evo 4G's 8MP camera, Evo 3D takes terrible 2D pics IMO i miss the quality and warmth of the Evo 4g's pictures. I also miss the kickstand but i guess i can buy a case that has one. Everything else on the phone is cool, would sacrafice 3D camera for 8mp 2D Camera. :-\

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My friend got one and she didn't like it. Said it was real hard to get the case off and it took the backing off. Another person said they didn't like it neither. And the white one is what I originally wanted. But now Seidio has there dock out that will fir with my active case so that will be work for me for now. I just wanted the kickstand case for when I am at work on break watching a movie or listening to music.

First check out casemates new kickstand case, very low profile and nice looking.

EVO-LUTION 3D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My friend got one and she didn't like it. Said it was real hard to get the case off and it took the backing off. Another person said they didn't like it neither. And the white one is what I originally wanted. But now Seidio has there dock out that will fir with my active case so that will be work for me for now. I just wanted the kickstand case for when I am at work on break watching a movie or listening to music.

Wells you were right. I received the CaseMate pop case(w kickstand) and it is terrible. Adds to much bulk and almost impossible to get off. That being said my casemate barely there case i have been using for a month now is still second to none. Belive me i collect cases for some odd reason and have most of them. The barly there case adds just about no bulk and does not change the looks of the phone hardly at all. Until I see something that equals or betters this case it will keep using it.

EVO-LUTION 3D

BakUTopia74

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Wells you were right. I received the CaseMate pop case(w kickstand) and it is terrible. Adds to much bulk and almost impossible to get off. That being said my casemate barely there case i have been using for a month now is still second to none. Belive me i collect cases for some odd reason and have most of them. The barly there case adds just about no bulk and does not change the looks of the phone hardly at all. Until I see something that equals or betters this case it will keep using it.

EVO-LUTION 3D
I got the Platinum Series hard case w/ kickstand for my 3vo from Best Buy. I feel it does a pretty good job. My only beef is that the kickstand itself is plastic and may break overtime. However, it is simple to remove the case and does a decent job...

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
I'm not sure if I count as a professional (hey, I didn't do the E3D review!) or not, but here's my thoughts, anyway.

While I appreciate the similar form-factor and look of the device in relation to its predecessors, there's the tech-hungry, want-to-be-cutting-edge part of me that wishes it looked different. It's not that the hardware doesn't perform, it just doesn't feel "new" like getting, say, a Photon or a Within would.

On the software side of things, Sense 3.0 is the first Sense I'd consider using. I used to hate manufacturer skins with a passion, but Sense 3.0 and TouchWiz 4.0 have really made great strides. That being said, I'm still rooted and S-OFF'd and waiting for a working build of CM7 to get released to the public.

The phone runs really well, there's no getting around that. Is it a magnitude of power faster than my EVO 4G? Maybe not. Games run hella fast, and I dig that. It's made some Quick App videos an absolute breeze.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with it. I couldn't return it for a Photon (darn!) just to see Moto's latest offering, and as I've come to settle into the fact that this will be the phone I'm rocking until I get enough dough to buy something off-contract, I'm getting more comfortable with that.

incarceration

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I love it!

I am coming from the Optimus S and I have not found a way to choke this phone up as far as performance!

I have a bone to pick about it that though; the home screen icons seem to take up a LOT of space that could be more efficiently rearranged and fit more icons on each screen.

Other than this, first thoughts after getting it yesterday, I love it.

I'm waiting for my Otterbox Defender case to come in for it though cause this unprotected screen makes me nervous lol; it's so big and so much space to have something bad happen

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just bought yesterday and wow!!!! This thing flies and the screen clarity is amazing. I personally think the screen is better then my iPhone 4! 3D is very cool and the dual core is...WOW! Ive had original droid, iPhone 4, and Samsung Fascinate. This is in a league of its own to me personally it is not just the hardware but the software. I enjoyed the basics of android more but at the same time I like the polished feel of iOS. But sense 3.0 kills both it takes best of android and well simply makes it look better! I have run stock asop android cm6 and cm7 and touchwiz and sense is just better then all of them by far! Sure the new nexus prime might be better spec wise but without sense the user experience is not as good. Sense for life! lol so happy i went with this instead of waiting for gs2 or getting the photon.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I love it!

I am coming from the Optimus S and I have not found a way to choke this phone up as far as performance!

I have a bone to pick about it that though; the home screen icons seem to take up a LOT of space that could be more efficiently rearranged and fit more icons on each screen.

I'm waiting for my Otterbox Defender case to come in for it though cause this unprotected screen makes me nervous lol; it's so big and so much space to have something bad happen
Hey I'm over here too from the Optimus S. Lol. I enjoy this phone a bunch!

Just bought yesterday and wow!!!! This thing flies and the screen clarity is amazing. I personally think the screen is better then my iPhone 4! 3D is very cool and the dual core is...WOW! Ive had original droid, iPhone 4, and Samsung Fascinate. This is in a league of its own to me personally it is not just the hardware but the software. I enjoyed the basics of android more but at the same time I like the polished feel of iOS. But sense 3.0 kills both it takes best of android and well simply makes it look better! I have run stock asop android cm6 and cm7 and touchwiz and sense is just better then all of them by far! Sure the new nexus prime might be better spec wise but without sense the user experience is not as good. Sense for life! lol so happy i went with this instead of waiting for gs2 or getting the photon.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I'm glad you thought about your decision before making the choice. :p ;)

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I love it!

Launcher Pro is the best launcher IMO. You can resolve all your issues with launcher pro. You can set the amount of Homescreens as well as how big the grid is for the icons.... very nice.. as well as many other great things it includes. I as well am from the Optimus S crew. Welcome and enjoy! :cool:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro is the best launcher IMO. You can resolve all your issues with launcher pro. You can set the amount of Homescreens as well as how big the grid is for the icons.... very nice.. as well as many other great things it includes. I as well am from the Optimus S crew. Welcome and enjoy! :cool:

I used the Optimus S as my primary device for a while as well and thought it was a little econimical beast (especially after rooting it and using first ThundeROM and then Reborn). We still have it and use it as a business line. My husband has the EVO 4G that I had upgraded to after that and I have the EVO 3D and am lovin' it! :D

fab107

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Had this phone now for a couple of weeks and pretty much already loving it, although a couple of things have given me trouble from time to time. One, being the e-mail syncing not being consistent and the other having to play with the camera quite a bit to get it to where I would like it to be. Overall though, so far it is easily the best phone I have ever owned.

I have the Otterbox Defender case for it and although it feels good to know the phone is so well protected and it has a nice grip to it, this case makes the phone too bulky and can barely fit in my pockets.

I'm coming from a BlackBerry Torch 9800.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa