[ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM/MOD] - Links (updated 6/29)

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hooray. We have our dev section now.

Here are a few helpful links. They may become duplicates if the other threads get moved over to here. Please forgive me if they do. XDA is pretty un-cluttered right now due to the early development stages of the phone so it is also pretty easy to just navigate there and look around also.

ATTENTION:
Before doing any of the below it may be best to RESET GOOGLE WALLET to prevent your phone's root/unlock status from bricking your NFC secure element. And to do it each time you install a new ROM.
PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets! - xda-developers
and
**LOOK UP HERE** Google Wallet is root/unlock sensitive.

________________________________________________________________________________

S-OFF:
Unlimited.io LazyPanda S-OFF:
LazyPanda S-OFF Public Beta | Unlimited.IO

________________________________________________________________________________

Root:
Just Root:
How to Root/Unroot HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Windows/Mac/Linux][One-Click] - xda-developers
Root and TWRP recovery:
[UTILITY]One Root for HTC Jewel- OP Updated [6/1/12]
Root/Unlock/TWRP recovery:
[ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 06.04.12

HTCdev unlock:
HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

Recovery:
ClockworkMod recovery (currently kapoot. will not flash .zips consistently):
[RECOVERY][CWM]ClockworkMod Recovery 5.8.2.4 for EVO 4G LTE - xda-developers

TWRP Touch recovery:
[RECOVERY][EVO4GLTE][6/1/12] TWRP 2.1.8 - TeamWinRecoveryProject - now with usb!
See below for GooManager. Very simple way to flash latest TWRP recovery.

RUUs from Sprint:
[ROM]Jewel Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers

ROMs:
-viperboy-'s stock ROMs:
[ROM][Updated 5.27.12]Stock Rooted 1.13.651.1 - Odex & Deodex - xda-developers
and his current custom ROM:
[ROM][Updated 6.1.12]viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 - OC Daemon, viperControl, and more!

freeza's custom ROM:
[ROM]6/23/12 freEVO LTE 1.2 (SomeSense/Speed/CoreDuo/Hybrid[De]Odex) - xda-developers

kushdec's custom ROM:
[6-21-12] ROM-WIP-UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the evoLTE! - xda-developers

JoelZ9614's custom ROM:
[ROM] 06.03 - HUGE Changelog - Charmeleon Rom v5.0.0 - EQS with tabs | Tweaks - xda-developers

flipzmode's custom ROM:
[ROM] 06/12/12 | Fresh Evo LTE 5.1.1 | 1.13.651.1 | Bug Fixes & Mods | Read More - xda-developers

RockoDev's custom ROM:
(Rom)SlimJewel [06/12/12] fast/smooth/light - xda-developers

flex360's slightly custom ROM:
[ROM][6.24.12][1.5]Stock/Liquidsmooth Lscape Rosie/Vol Rockr Mod/Supr Charged - xda-developers

mikeyxda's ROM:
[ROM] Jun-23 MeanROM ICS v0.2 | 1.13.651.1 | CPU, 3G, WiFi, UI tweaks | Batt saver - xda-developers

O.M.J.'s ROM:
[ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 1.13.651.1 | ICS 4.0.3 | v1.1 | Updated *6/24/12* - xda-developers

Evolutionmods' ROM:
[ROM] EVO 4G LTE OTA Nocturnal Edition |Updated 6/24|Bravia And Xloud|Optimized|1.4.1 - xda-developers

TMartin's ROM:
[ROM] AOKP | EVO 4G LTE | June 14 | build 38 | 4.0.4 [Unofficial] - xda-developers

pspunderground's ROM:
[ROM][2.6.15]rMIUI | Unofficial MIUI.US 4.0.4 for Jewel - xda-developers

husker91's ROM:
[ROM][6/21/12]Rejuvenated Stock V1.1 | Memory tweaks, Mods, Insane Speed & Stability! - xda-developers

mazdaraider23's ROM:
[ROM] [ICS] [WIP] Team DIRT | PARANOIDANDROID - xda-developers

MODs:
-viperboy-'s Dual Core Mod:
[MOD][Updated 6.2.12]Dual Core Mod v2.1 - Screen Profiles, Auto Tweak, and more!
It keeps the second core on at all times. This way you don't have one sleeping on the job or what not.

freeza's moded stock kernel:
[Kernel]6/8/12 StockMOD 1.13.651.1 CoreDuo/ScreenOff Script/Mem-Management/DimLights

smw6180's restoration of previous functionality (for -viperboy-'s ROM):
HTCLinkify Fix (Remove the Apple Patent Infringement Workaround)
for stock ROM:
stock build.prop

aamikam's Quck Settings UI integration (on status bar pull down menu):
[MOD] - QuickSettings - xda-developers
This is what Scott aka scrosler uses in his ROM.

Vinchenzop's Advanced Power Menu (long press power button menu):
[MOD]Advanced Power Menu[MOD] - xda-developers

Menu for roaming options:
[MOD] [Team XPOSED] Roaming Options are here!

Mod to minimize the presence of sense:
[MOD][Not Really a ROM] coMOD Less Sense for Stock (no HTCDev unlock)

Sprint hopspot hack:
[MOD]HotSpot/USB/BT tether Hack

HQ camera mod:
[MOD] HQ Camera - xda-developers

App:
GooManager will find TWRP and flash it to your phone with ease. Does it live right in front of your face. And it also will keep you up-to-date with -viperboy-'s ROM. Pretty solid app.
GooManager

Alright, so get out there and do some work.

Last edited:

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM] - Links (updated 5/31)

Many of the linked to posts have been updated.

Last edited:

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM] - Links (updated 5/31)

Thanks for keeping this up to date, it's nice having the relevant threads all in one place.
How crazy/awesome is it that we already have 3 ROMs, a CM9 port already booting, and several mods for a phone that is just now being officially launched? I'm really looking forward to some of the great things the devs are going to be able to do with this phone!

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When backing up my rom, what all should I select while using twrp for my nandroid? Data, etc....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM] - Links (updated 6/6)

When backing up my rom, what all should I select while using twrp for my nandroid? Data, etc....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The three that are selected by default. System, Data, and Boot.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM] - Links (updated 6/8)

Updated. And if you wanna go bobbing for apples you may find a nice fix within the links. I changed its color to make it easier to spot.

Last edited:

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM/MOD] - Links (updated 6/10)

Great I'm planning on picking this bad boy up for fathers day, and it's AWESOME to see all the Info. needed to hack em up.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Do I need to unlock the Bootloader to flash custom Roms? I don't want to void my HTC warranty.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Do I need to unlock the Bootloader to flash custom Roms? I don't want to void my HTC warranty.

Well, share you fears when it comes to warranty and maybe we can put your mind at ease. You do need to flash a custom recovery to flash ROMs and your bootloader needs to be unlocked for that. I think. Now, I am second guessing myself.

PS
Several links added to OP.