HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs for i

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
And I was just told by a Sprint Supervisor over live chat that "The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue."

***Edit to add that I pre-ordered from Sprint's website at 9:05 AM on 5/7/12

Thanks for your quick response...I am more inclined to believe the Sprint Supervisor than what I just posted on Amazon...I wish we had a more direct response from Sprint without having to inquire...or from anyone we all may have preorders with. Something beyond what we all know from HTC.

Reactions: Ry

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
This is fraud perpetrated by Sprint and HTC for all pre-orders. They took our money knowing that this April deadline was put in place by the ITC, knowing that they would not be able to fulfill all the pre-orders.

Where does fraud exist in this?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

grab the thickest aluminum you can find, quick! LMAO!

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Where does fraud exist in this?

Agreed...don't see fraud...personally I am just being impatient... Also wondering if I should be signing another contract with Sprint knowing that there will be no LTE in my area for atleast another year or more....but that's a discussion for another thread and makes me even more impatient...

Reactions: jalaazul and Ry

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

And I was just told by a Sprint Supervisor over live chat that "The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue."

***Edit to add that I pre-ordered from Sprint's website at 9:05 AM on 5/7/12

Its very simple, if HTC were in violation of the order, wouldn't the violation have been caught on the One X? Not to mention Sprint has been giving out EVO LTE's for review for the past month. I am sure somewhere an Apple engineer had their hands all over an EVO LTE by now. I believe this is much to do about nothing.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Its very simple, if HTC were in violation of the order, wouldn't the violation have been caught on the One X? Not to mention Sprint has been giving out EVO LTE's for review for the past month. I am sure somewhere an Apple engineer had their hands all over an EVO LTE by now. I believe this is much to do about nothing.

Nothing about patent infringements, that is for sure, right? I mean, have we stepped to the level of slugs? Lynch-mob is forming...

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Screw Apple
Fruit_F.png

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

Nothing about patent infringements, that is for sure, right? I mean, have we stepped to the level of slugs? Lynch-mob is forming...

Did you not read my comment, do you comprehend what I said? Speaking of patents. The patent in question is something Apple acquired after the fact, other words, HTC was using the patent before Apple owned it. The compliance order and subsequent inspection is to make sure HTC removed the patent, not that HTC has been caught using it.

Reactions: Ry

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

Sprint insiders everywhere are starting to confirm what's below...

Sprint Launch Delay (insidesprintnow.wordpress.com)

FULL Launch DELAY
No pre-orders will be shipped
No HTC EVO 4G LTE devices will be sold in stores on 5/18
Internal conversations put the launch delay at least 10 days out, however that’s up to customs and a court right now.

Damn that cancer ridden twat, he's even a pain in the neck from beyond the grave.

I reiterate, Customs has no jurisdiction over stock already in the warehouse. Only a court order can delay the shipments and launch. After all, it was Customs who allowed the initial shipment.

Forgot this:
In continuation of our earlier post – we can now (un)officially confirm that the FULL launch of the HTC EVO 4G LTE is now officially delayed. This is very preliminary, however, as of 11PM tonight, we can report

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Sprint insiders everywhere are starting to confirm what's below...

Sprint Launch Delay (insidesprintnow.wordpress.com)

FULL Launch DELAY
No pre-orders will be shipped
No HTC EVO 4G LTE devices will be sold in stores on 5/18
Internal conversations put the launch delay at least 10 days out, however that?s up to customs and a court right now.

Damn that cancer ridden twat, he's even a pain in the neck from beyond the grave.

Can you make it easy and source the article?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Did you not read my comment, do you comprehend what I said? Speaking of patents. The patent in question is something Apple acquired after the fact, other words, HTC was using the patent before Apple owned it. The compliance order and subsequent inspection is to make sure HTC removed the patent, not that HTC has been caught using it.

yup, read it, comprehend you comment. I am sure NBC is going to blow up with this story tomorrow.....everyone that has commented has killer sources. My bad G, carry on with the news, what else is next?

nth_79

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

For those of you interested in finding out more about this, here are a few interesting links:

- The ITC exclusion order: http://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337_710_Notice12192011sgl.pdf
- An article on HTC's strategy for avoiding infringement of Apple's patent: HTC: Data-Tapping Feature Will Remain on Phones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

So, can anyone verify that the HTC One X doesn't have the option to select one of a few actions after clicking on a phone number or any other action-linked data type?

Also, it's strange that the HTC One X is just now getting held up at customs. HTC is stating that the inspection is standard procedure because their products are subject to an ITC exclusion order. But, I imagine that the HTC One X should have been held up when it was first imported, not a few weeks afterward.

Reactions: Ry and Johnly

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

For those of you interested in finding out more about this, here are a few interesting links:

- The ITC exclusion order: http://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337_710_Notice12192011sgl.pdf
- An article on HTC's strategy for avoiding infringement of Apple's patent: HTC: Data-Tapping Feature Will Remain on Phones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

So, can anyone verify that the HTC One X doesn't have the option to select one of a few actions after clicking on a phone number or any other action-linked data type?

Also, it's strange that the HTC One X is just now getting held up at customs. HTC is stating that the inspection is standard procedure because their products are subject to an ITC exclusion order. But, I imagine that the HTC One X should have been held up when it was first imported, not a few weeks afterward.

The fact the patent office even excepted Apples application for that patent, shows they are morons. That is a basic feature that is in many devices not Apple related.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

The fact the patent office even excepted Apples application for that patent, shows they are morons. That is a basic feature that is in many devices not Apple related.

that is ridiculous.

There are two types, those that believe in intellectual propriety, and those that don't.
Queen, King, Black, or White, the politics are the same for those that think beyond columns and categories...does Apple have a basis to use my tax dollars to battle patent infringements at customs using my military, or is there more to this? If this story is true, then this is the saddest day this county has seen in quite some time. (yeah, call me a drama queen or whatever, only if you feel better afterwards:cool:)

nth_79

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

This is going to get tricky, but the main patent claim in question is as follows:
1. A computer-based system for detecting structures in data and performing actions on detected structures, comprising:
an input device for receiving data;
an output device for presenting the data;
a memory storing information including program routines including
an analyzer server for detecting structures in the data, and for linking actions to the detected structures;
a user interface enabling the selection of a detected structure and a linked action; and
an action processor for performing the selected action linked to the selected structure; and
a processing unit coupled to the input device, the output device, and the memory for controlling the execution of the program routines.

The patent was filed in 1996, which may have been before this feature ("data tapping") became so common. The key here is in the line "a user interface enabling the selection of a detected structure and a linked action". Although urls were commonly interpreted as data structures that should cause a new page to open after being selected, I'm not so sure that it was common that a user interface popped up asking the user to select which action they wanted to have be performed.

If anyone can find some evidence of this action being performed prior to 1996, HTC would be eternally grateful, and we might get our phones faster.

Reactions: luvsmobile

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

This is going to get tricky, but the main patent claim in question is as follows:
1. A computer-based system for detecting structures in data and performing actions on detected structures, comprising:
an input device for receiving data;
an output device for presenting the data;
a memory storing information including program routines including
an analyzer server for detecting structures in the data, and for linking actions to the detected structures;
a user interface enabling the selection of a detected structure and a linked action; and
an action processor for performing the selected action linked to the selected structure; and
a processing unit coupled to the input device, the output device, and the memory for controlling the execution of the program routines.

The patent was filed in 1996, which may have been before this feature ("data tapping") became so common. The key here is in the line "a user interface enabling the selection of a detected structure and a linked action". Although urls were commonly interpreted as data structures that should cause a new page to open after being selected, I'm not so sure that it was common that a user interface popped up asking the user to select which action they wanted to have be performed.

If anyone can find some evidence of this action being performed prior to 1996, HTC would be eternally grateful, and we might get our phones faster.

Good post, love it. My antics are along the same field, but is this about a "patent" or about "espionage?"

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

that is ridiculous.

There are two types, those that believe in intellectual propriety, and those that don't.
Queen, King, Black, or White, the politics are the same for those that think beyond columns and categories...does Apple have a basis to use my tax dollars to battle patent infringements at customs using my military, or is there more to this? If this story is true, then this is the saddest day this county has seen in quite some time. (yeah, call me a drama queen or whatever, only if you feel better afterwards:cool:)

You keep missing the boat, that feature was being used before Apple was granted the patent. Apple is trying to stifle the competition. Like I commented previously, Apple did not design the patent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87