Here is how to turn that camera shutter sound off.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a help forum, not a legal one. I don't think it is our job to inform people what the laws are, sorry. Common sense should rule here.

They can shut it off as it is just by putting the phone on silent or vibrate. I was only trying to help by offering a way for it to happen automatically like a setting would.

Sorry wasn't trying to offend just giving a heads up I didn't actually know about it until I turned off my shutter sound on a cm rom and a notification popped up telling me about it. ;)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is anything wrong with someone pointing it out, since many people don't know it.

Pointing things out is fine but A) How do we even know that is true and B) If it is what states does it apply to and C) what is the law exactly then? Only when used in public? Only when taking pictures indoors in public? i:Di

See my point. i:)i

Pointing things out is fine but if you are going to do that then be specific and give all the details not just a random thought..
I personally am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV. i:)i

I personally do not see how that could be illegal since you CAN always silence the phone anyway.

But hey that is just me! i:)i

wonton2049

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The app, quick settings, is free and allows you to turn it off. It's under the volume tab. Just slide the system volume tab to 0.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know that you're talking about the shutter sound but I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to, if possible, enable timestamp on photos taken on the ELTE? The first EVO let you do it but the 3D seemed to loose the option as well as the ELTE.

Sent from my PG86100

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
This is what I use on my Photon. I have not tested it on my Wife's EVOLTE though...

Enforced Stream Silencer

Install it, open it and check the box. Done.

Thanks for this, I'm going to give it a whirl. When I used the EVO View 4G, I hated that you couldn't turn off the shutter sound. And as I recall, silencing the device didn't make a difference either. For some reason shutter sounds just irritate me to no end, and I don't like having them on.

Tasker sounds extremely handy, though I'd have to develop a decent set of uses for it before I bought it.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
And only because I was marginally skeptical when I downloaded the APK, Enforced Stream Silencer successfully turned off the shutter sound, and my other sounds are still active.

send2paul

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried this on the Samsung Galaxy Note - 4.04. Android update - and unfortunately it doesn't appear to work. Your instructions are pretty straight forward.

And oddly Tasker seems to indicate "No active profiles" - even though the "Camera Silence" is ticked all green etc?

Edit: Oh. It works! Turned the On/Off a few times. And it initially became "Active" then "Inactive" because the camera operation is "Event Based"? (Read that on another forum - sounds quite posh, but sensible?)

In short - this works on a Samsung Galaxy Note updated to 4.04 Android software. Good job. Thanks for posting this. I take a LOT of photos on my camera, and didn't want to install other "spy camera" type software which don't appear to have as good a resolution etc as the camera software on the Samsung phone.

Paul

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted you can just use a root browser to navigate to the sound file and rename it to whatever it is .Bak and it will work

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

poopout

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to get it to work on evo 3d....keeps saying "no active profile"...tried clicking on and off....only says "active" for about a sec then back to "no active profile".

cmccain

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Tasker doesn't work on the Sprint Galaxy S2. First, let me say $6 isn't a lot of money to get rid of that annoying shutter click. So I purchased the app thinking it would resolve this issue.

Secondly, anyone with this version of this phone knows it doesn't matter if your phone is in silent or vibrate mode, you still get the shutter click. What this app does is send the phone into silent mode, but it doesn't silence the shutter sound. I bought this app for this specific purpose. Tasker is useless to me. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a refund...

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You can save yourself a whole lot of trouble and just set the phone to "silent". The shutter sound does not go off then. Yes, this does work and I even tested it before I submitted a response.

bondgirlblue

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Paladin

May i know how to find the Tasker folder?
PS: I have already downloaded the wifi file explorer but could not find the Tasker folder.

Pls help!
TQ