Same story, different year: Apple going after HTC again

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Here we go again... I hope Google, HTC, Motorola, and Samsung all have something up their sleeves to really knock Apple out of this litigation game they are playing. Google continues to be silent on this entire issue even though they once said that they had a plan. I just wish that whatever "plan" Google has is executed soon.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The new "infringement" isn't HTC's fault. It gives an example in the Gmail APPLICATION, which is made and offered by GOOGLE. Not HTC. So Apple should be going after the application's creator, not the phones' creator.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The new "infringement" isn't HTC's fault. It gives an example in the Gmail APPLICATION, which is made and offered by GOOGLE. Not HTC. So Apple should be going after the application's creator, not the phones' creator.

That's my thought too. Should be... interesting.

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If I were Apple and trying to compete with the One X or EVO LTE with my current phone lineup, I'd be desperate too.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If I were Apple and trying to compete with the One X or EVO LTE with my current phone lineup, I'd be desperate too.

Because those One series phones are really eating away at Apple's market share and revenues. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Because those One series phones are really eating away at Apple's market share and revenues. Lol

They could if Apple keeps re-releasing the iPhone 4 every year.

The number that keeps Apple up at night is Android's market share, which is more than iOS.
More quality phones like the One and Galaxy series can only add to that share. The One X and Evo LTE are the first phones that, IMO, completely surpass the iPhone 4S in every way. Before, when making comparisons with Android phones that I owned and the 4S, I would have to tell people "Well the screen on mine is bigger, but the iPhone's is clearer." or "The battery life on the iPhone is better." or "The camera and build quality on iPhone is better." My EVO LTE destroys the 4S in every way. Every iPhone owner I've shown this phone to is envious.

Last edited:

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wish I was related to Archimedes. I'd patent logic in general. Then sue apple for being such douchey whiners.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They could if Apple keeps re-releasing the iPhone 4 every year.

The number that keeps Apple up at night is Android's market share, which is more than iOS.
More quality phones like the One and Galaxy series can only add to that share. The One X and Evo LTE are the first phones that, IMO, completely surpass the iPhone 4S in every way. Before, when making comparisons with Android phones that I owned and the 4S, I would have to tell people "Well the screen on mine is bigger, but the iPhone's is clearer." or "The battery life on the iPhone is better." or "The camera and build quality on iPhone is better." My EVO LTE destroys the 4S in every way. Every iPhone owner I've shown this phone to is envious.

But who's making all of the money in the smartphone space?

Apple.

Tons of it.

Hardware. Software.

Call me when Android app developers don't need success on iOS to subsidize their Android work.

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
No doubt Apple makes a ton of money, hand over fist. The problem is they want ALL the money, they want ALL the phones, and if they don't have everything it's not enough for them.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Apple is scare.... some of their sheep are starting to wake up

Android is starting to win and HTC is leading the battle with the best phone of the year

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

andyl66

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple aren't that worried, they know the sheep will stay faithful. I still wish Nokia would jump ship and come to the dark side. I lust after a pureview ics handset, oh and I'd have Nokia drive.... Oh man :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Going after Google is a big mistake. They have the dollars to go toe-to-toe with Apple for a long time, so they'll go after a much, much smaller company. But with the trial with Moto scheduled to start next week, I think Apple is about to wake the sleeping Google bear. And it is a shame that the bear has continued to stay asleep this whole time.

I hate Apple so much, I don't even allow apples in my home now. Granny Smith, I will miss you dearly, but I just can't do it anymore. Thanksgiving pies will not be the same without you. I just thank God there isn't a horrible company named Cherry screwing with my beloved tech.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Going after Google is a big mistake. They have the dollars to go toe-to-toe with Apple for a long time, so they'll go after a much, much smaller company. But with the trial with Moto scheduled to start next week, I think Apple is about to wake the sleeping Google bear. And it is a shame that the bear has continued to stay asleep this whole time.

I hate Apple so much, I don't even allow apples in my home now. Granny Smith, I will miss you dearly, but I just can't do it anymore. Thanksgiving pies will not be the same without you. I just thank God there isn't a horrible company named Cherry screwing with my beloved tech.

I lol'ed at this, thanks.

Reactions: BigDinCA

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i just tried to click a link in gmail. if you click it, it just opens a browser page. you have to long press it for the menu to come up. so technically it isnt "data tapping" it's "data long-pressing" and therefore not patent infringement... ;)

plus they should have checked that when these were at the dock. their complaint was about phone numbers and this phone doesnt give you an option when pressing phone numbers. it just brings up the dial. that's their fault for not checking everything.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The real problem isn't Apple, it's the USPTO. Apple (and other companies), should never be able to get patents on such basic functions. If the examiners at USPTO had even a miniscule bit of intelligence we wouldn't be in this mess today. The law provides protection only for "non obvious" inventions, but USPTO would grant a patent on sight, smell, and hearing if someone phrased the application cleverly enough.

Reactions: kronosqq and Ry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo