HTC EVO 4G LTE: How to get track and album art information on my

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So I've been having this problem [Q] Evo 4G LTE car's usb port/bluetooth connectivity issues. Please help! - xda-developers and after posting in give different forums I ve given up.

At this point, Im simply looking for a way to get my album art and track information on my car's display, whether it requires root, bluetooth, USB, no bluetooth, whatever. I just need a way to get it done.

Here is what I thought of:

Option 1:
The linux bluetooth stack for android (Bluez) now supports AVRCP 1.3 but my EVO LTE still does not..there is something wrong with that picture. How do I make this happen? I have a Prius with a head unit that supports AVRCP 1.3 and i need to see my track data on my head units screen. I know one solution is switching to Cyanogen Mod which has already updated to AVRCP 1.3, but is there a way to simply upgrade the bluetooth stack without rooting and going to Cyanogen?
Or if I must root, exactly what ROM should I use other than Cyanogen? Isnt there any sense based ROMs that have the added ability of AVRCP 1.3?

Option 2: My car, in a way, does work with Media Sync USB option. Like I explained in the thread linked above, it detects the songs but completely unorganized, and as of recently, it doesnt detect them at all. I keep getting this media file titled "join hangout" and "facebook pop" which are 3 second files each. It seems like they belong to some app or function in my phone. Why does my car keep finding that? Isnt there a way to trick it into finding the songs?

Im getting pretty desperate at this point. I ve researched extensively for weeks how to manipulate MTP metadata, upgrade bluetooth stacks, manipulate disk drive option on EVO LTE, but I ve found nothing. At all. Please help me. Id truly appreciate it.

Ph33zy

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know as well. I have a 2012 Prius and I have never gotten ID3 tags or album art to work with my EVO OG or EVO LTE over Bluetooth. I posted over at PriusChat but had no luck resolving this (worked on other people's Android). It works perfectly over BT on my wife's iPhone 4S.

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE: How to get track and album art information on

I would like to know as well. I have a 2012 Prius and I have never gotten ID3 tags or album art to work with my EVO OG or EVO LTE over Bluetooth. I posted over at PriusChat but had no luck resolving this (worked on other people's Android). It works perfectly over BT on my wife's iPhone 4S.

hahahahaha. Im in the exact same situation. My wife also has an IPHONE 4s and she also has not problem whatsoever getting it to work.

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Bluetooth .,NFC HTC car panel try this combo .:beer:;)

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

I already tried turning on HTC car, and I tried both bluetooth and USB connections and it didnt work. But what did you mean by NFC? How does Near FIeld Communication relate to this issue?

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I too would like to know if anyone else got this to work. I have a 2012 Prius C and every so often I get id3 information, but most of the time nothing.

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

I too would like to know if anyone else got this to work. I have a 2012 Prius C and every so often I get id3 information, but most of the time nothing.

It works sometimes for you? which head unit do you have?

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It's super basic. I have the most conservatively equipped model. There's just a small LED display in the stereo that scrolls id3 song info so it's not a huge deal for me, but every so often as a fluke I'm surprised to see Artist and Title on that little display.

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I used to have an Epic 4G and the first time I had that paired, it was showing id3 info too, but only with the stock music player. If I was streaming from Google music, it would just say "Streaming Audio." Eventually it stopped showing info for the stock music player as well. But the first time I paired the EVO 4G LTE it showed artist and title. Now it'll happen maybe once a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez