What is the best file manager app?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on ES File Explorer..

Can be used on non rooted devices for regular sdcard/internal file storage management plus has full support for rooted devices to read/write within /system/ partition and other root related areas.

ES File Explorer also has FTP & LAN support which makes file transfers (wirelessly) between your device and stand alone computer so nice :)

Many other options, too many to name but the best part...

ITS FREE !!!

:D:D:D:D

P.S. and its constantly receiving development support and updates.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You are going to get a lot of persona replies to this one, like asking people what's their favorite color (even though everybody know blue is the best), rather than empirical. The general consensus is between two (three if you are rooted, but I'm assuming you aren't if you are asking the question).

Lots of people use and recommend Astro File Manager. It used to be my choice as well, and is very capable.

The other, and my current personal choice, is ES File Explorer. It's full explorer capabilities, even root browsing option if you are an advanced user. Not to mention FTP, cloud integration (Box, dropbox, skydrive, sugarsync, and gdrive) and a decent app manager. All in a nice tight pacakge that's regularly updated. There are a few add-ons as separate downloads if you want them, like a security/antivirus scanner, bookmark manager and task manager. Just a hard package to beat.

Free Tip: You can use ES explorer app manager to make shortcuts, including to apps that have been hidden on the LTE by default. Just go to app manager > category > all... You can long press any of the apps listed to create a shortcut, including one to the 'downloads', PDF Viewer, Polaris Office, Tune In Radio, and Sound Hound, which aren't included in the app tray. Many people download an app that JUST does shortcuts, when this can do that and so much more. :)

Reactions: Jaggrey

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Free Tip: You can use ES explorer app manager to make shortcuts, including to apps that have been hidden on the LTE by default. Just go to app manager > category > all... You can long press any of the apps listed to create a shortcut, including one to the 'downloads', PDF Viewer, Polaris Office, Tune In Radio, and Sound Hound, which aren't included in the app tray. Many people download an app that JUST does shortcuts, when this can do that and so much more. :)

Best tip ever!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo