Serious Lag with Contacts?

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I've had this phone since launch, and it's been smooth as butter and virtually lag free, until about a week or so ago. Now every time I try viewing any individual contact, it takes literally 20 seconds for the screen to appear (contact pic and all the info below it). I've tried restarting, powering off, clearing out cache, just about everything, and the lag persists. Anyone else experiencing this issue when trying to view individual contacts? I really haven't noticed any lag elsewhere, but this s obviously pretty annoying.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just checked mine and I am not experiencing that. Good luck, sure you will figure it out.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried mine to find that the contacts app was basically broken when it came to opening the full individual contacts. I don't know if you're rooted but I just fixed permissions with ROM manager and then restarted. Seems to work fine for me now.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Just tried mine to find that the contacts app was basically broken when it came to opening the full individual contacts. I don't know if you're rooted but I just fixed permissions with ROM manager and then restarted. Seems to work fine for me now.

Nope, not rooted. It's crazy how this literally paralyzes my phone for 20 seconds each time. How is this possible on such a high end device? Thinking this is an ICS issue, I played around with my old Evo 3D which has ICS now, but it doesn't have any lag with contacts. So frustrating!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not rooted. It's crazy how this literally paralyzes my phone for 20 seconds each time. How is this possible on such a high end device? Thinking this is an ICS issue, I played around with my old Evo 3D which has ICS now, but it doesn't have any lag with contacts. So frustrating!

Well on any device with new software there are bound to be some bugs from time to time. If you don't want to root you could always try the good old factory reset.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather not have to go thru a factory reset just for this. Hopefully there will be a software update soon that will take care of the lag. A pre-jellybean update obviously!