Lag, all of a sudden...

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing lag when opening apps? Also Google photos is all of a sudden having issues where sometimes it's showing all of my pictures from archive as if it's having issues with backup. After a few hours google photos returns back to normal. Also I'm noticing super fast charging is much slower that it was. This is started I think after the most recent update. Before it was super snappy and no lag. Unlocked Verizon. Snapdragon. 256 12gig ram. I've cleared cache partition, restarted a bunch, deleted all data in Google photos etc... Samsung gallery is showing pictures as normal. There was a point where Google photos showed nothing as if I didn't have any photos. I know this is mostly about an app but I noticed the app started having issues when phone became laggy. Just curious if I'm the only one.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I'd suggest to let your phone have a few days to settle down after the update.

Double check the Playstore and the Samsung Galaxy Sore for any updates that are still pending.

Try Safe Mode to see if an app or theme isn't behaving with the update.

> This allows only stock apps and themes to work. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode%2F&token=w1LWm5HC

A final resort could be to back up and factory reset if things don't improve.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have had my unlocked ultra for three days. Monday when I got the phone the os received update the first 2 days was spent setting it up. The only lag I have noted is with two apps only these forums and galaxy theme store. Other than that phone is snappy and I am very happy with it.

Michael_Archangel

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I've had my Exynos S22 Ultra for a week now, and I've had lag in the UI and in 2 apps: Twitter and IMDb. Today I got the April update a day early, and a Twitter update, neither of which resolved the lag.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Exynos S22 Ultra for a week now, and I've had lag in the UI and in 2 apps: Twitter and IMDb. Today I got the April update a day early, and a Twitter update, neither of which resolved the lag.

Try clearing the cache files of those apps and if absolutely necessary the data part too.

A good generic troubleshooting tool is to clear the phone's system cache partition.

> This clears the phone's system partition cache file. No personal information is lost. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lear-the-cache-on-my-device%2F&token=FDMtstll You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a turned On laptop to access this section.

If you haven't already that is.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I experienced it last night. It was day 3 for me. Looked online and said to do a hard reset, not a normal one. Fixed the problem.....for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter