Help! Damaged Phone Storage

gchang70

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Need help/advice. I updated my phone with the newest Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1 and the radio firmware. And after rebooting...noticed the Damaged Phone Storage notification. At first I thought it was no big deal cause it was the micro sd card. But then I found out it is the data/second partition on the internal phone storage. I tried to erase the phone storage...but that does not work. I am thinking of trying to restore back to stock and hoping the stock image restores the second partition.

Do you know what might of happened? And any options on trying to fix this problem?

Thanks.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You probably just need to flash another recovery image on there, CWM or whatever you were using. When you installed the radio firmware it probably overwrote it. Are you sure you are still rooted?

gchang70

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Fixed...mounted to PC using TWRP and formatted it. Lost my pictures and videos...will teach me not to sync with one of those cloud services :(

Nikhil Motiani

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having same problem. Can you please tell me how to fix it. I think u may be right about the overwriting of that file. Please get back to me on this ASAP...

Thanks

With regards,
Nikhil Motiani

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having same problem. Can you please tell me how to fix it. I think u may be right about the overwriting of that file. Please get back to me on this ASAP...

Thanks

With regards,
Nikhil Motiani
Give us a bit more info. When you say the same problem, you mean damaged storage after radio update? Also, if this issue has already been resolved, please leave us a post about your solution.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

not a tech savvy

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the same concern, but I'm less knowledgeable in tech terms.

It all started with my phone lagging as the Twitter app stopped. It had frozen for roughly fifteen minutes before the screen turned black. I panicked, removing the phone case and unloading the phone battery, believing it could help refresh the system (see i'm not a tech savvy). I reloaded the battery into its place and fitted the phone to its case then turned it on. Fortunately, it went back on, but this time I noticed the Damaged Phone Storage notification. And since then, apps have been stopping, namely Twitter, Messenger, Google+, Launcher3, Calendar, Calendar Storage, and one was named "processcom.google.apps" something (I forgot; it was a long phrase). I discovered, too, that as all my files in the 'external storage' (idk what that is) went gone, I couldn't capture screenshots anymore. What has happened and what should I do?

Thanks in advance :(
P.S. phone's model is Geo 402q

yells_88

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. Im new hear. I have an Infinix x570 and it does not support external sd cards but has a phone storage(a substitute for an sd card) and an internal storage. Now the phone keeps on giving me a notification that the phone storage is damaged. My apps disappeared well except the preinstalled ones, my gallery, videos, music dont even work anymore. Please help me. Thanks

rishel_26

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Ahhm hi I also need help in resolving the same promblems of other because when I'm at the school I'm so shocked when I saw my phone just hang when it is rebooting about 15 minutes and when it open all my memories had erase like my pics and music's and also I saw a notification indicated that my phone storage is damage I touch it and it tells me to format SD card so I did it many times but nothing changed the notification is still there pls help me I'm only 15 years old and dont have much idea in this case sorry I just really need help thank you po

billagee

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Need help/advice. I updated my phone with the newest Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1 and the radio firmware. And after rebooting...noticed the Damaged Phone Storage notification. At first I thought it was no big deal cause it was the micro sd card. But then I found out it is the data/second partition on the internal phone storage. I tried to erase the phone storage...but that does not work. I am thinking of trying to restore back to stock and hoping the stock image restores the second partition.

Do you know what might of happened? And any options on trying to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez