HTC Evo LTE Infinite Boot Loop - Tried everything I could think of. How can I stop this?

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a HTC EVO lte phone *NEVER ROOTED* and for some reason, it continues to reboot. It gets to the first boot screen - HTC - quietly brilliant - then stays there for 45 seconds... goes black and then restarts. I believe some moisture might have gotten into it.

I have done the hboot screen - and done both recovery and factory reset which immediately just put it right back into the reboot loop. I have taken it completely apart to see if I could find any moisture / none found. Scoured the internet to see if I could find any other techniques, so now I am here looking for help.

As a side note, I do have the exact same phone that turned into a brick a year ago. So I do have the ability to replace parts. I can occasionally get the bricked phone to start up but then quickly dies.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Evo LTE Infinite Boot Loop - Tried everything I could think of.

Welcome to Android Central! How much moisture do you think got in? There's no way to really "see" water-damaged components, unless they're blatantly corroded.

oconnorjohn81

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

It was placed on a wet towel for about an hr... When I laid it down, didn't realize it was damp.

Thanks for any advice.

John

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Very difficult to guess which if any component should be replaced. That would require a skilled technician to do some diagnostic testing, I would imagine. The easiest thing to do would be to replace the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman