Visit site
My info...
Sprint HTC Evo 4G
HBOOT-6.16.1002
MICROP-041f
TouchPanel-ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.0808

My Problem...
I rooted my phone using revolutionary's root method. No problem there. I flashed the Cyongen Mod v7. All has been fine for a spell, but I flashed over my "default" recovery with ClockworkMod Recovery. Since then I haven't been able to get past my splash screen and I've tried to upload a backup, but that doesn't work.. I get error messages. I've wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache and dalvik cache and tried to reflash my cm7 mod. Doesn't work. I need help on how to get my phone back to square one. Thx!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are trying to restore a backup from a different recovery, it wont work. This is a simple fix. Download a rom you like on your pc, move it to your sd card by either mounting it within recovery or using a adapater to your pc. Boot into recovery and flash it. Boom you are done and back in business.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried that. I kept a copy of the roms I've used on my SD card. I tried to flash from SD card, but I keep getting errors with the installation. I even re-downloaded the roms again and moved 'em into my SD card under root directory and that still wouldn't work. I've since flashed the latest stock rom and it seemed to get me back to factory default, but I now have no recovery on my phone and I still have S-Off. I was gonna flash clockworkmod recovery again and try to reinstall the CM7 rom I was using. I'm not worried about data recovery 'cause that's easily replaceable. At least I can use my phone again so that's a major plus.

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been scared to flash the new recovery in again considering what happened last time, but I'm willing to give it another go. A friend of mine has the clockworkmod recovery and I really liked the usability and features of it. Would that really be the best way to go for the evo 4g? or is there another recovery application better for my phone?

B-rye33

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There also is TWRP, but I've used amon ra 2.3 for more than a year and highly recommend it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

AceMC420

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too..
have the same bootloader version. ive tried updating with pc36img.zip but i guess i haven't been using the right one. i cant boot into recovery and it keeps looping at the HTC Evo 4G boot screen.

anyone have any suggestions.
thank you in advance :]

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too..
have the same bootloader version. ive tried updating with pc36img.zip but i guess i haven't been using the right one. i cant boot into recovery and it keeps looping at the HTC Evo 4G boot screen.

anyone have any suggestions.
thank you in advance :]

Can you boot into recovery?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

kessanbati

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too.
i cant boot into recovery and it freeze at the HTC Evo 4G boot screen.
ive tried updating with pc36img.zip but didn't work.
My info too ...
Sprint HTC Evo 4G
HBOOT-6.16.1002
MICROP-041f
TouchPanel-ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.0808
help me plz At least I can use my phone again.
thanks.