HTC One M8 won't boot past the initial welcome splash screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all. I have an untampered with phone that was working well until this week. Nothing happened in particular that I can think of to make it stop working properly, except perhaps the battery fully drained itself.

I have charged the phone for some hours now... although I don't see the charging light, every now and again, a picture of a battery appears on the screen and displays 1%, 6%, etc.

Hitting the power button only brings up the HTC welcome splash screen, and a few seconds later, it goes blank. I can hold the power button + vol down to enter Hboot, but then when I use the power button to select either recovery or factory reset, it simply displays the same HTC welcome splash screen and then goes blank again.

Perhaps the charger is faulty? Shouldn't the phone boot with 6% battery (although I suspect it has charged up further than that, 6% is the last number I saw)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might just have failed -- it's a pretty old phone, after all. It's worth trying a different charging cable/plug to see if that's the issue.