Rooted problem im stuck please help.

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I used a Mac computer and rooted my phone using Clockwork Mod recovery along with Rom Manager. I have read Rufflez writeup about rooting while using a Mac and I have gotten down to the part where I need to download the eng-PC36img.zip rom and the other two downloads. I am not sure if Nandroid is unlocked but when I reboot thru clockwork I am able to create nandroid backups. When I use the adb shell it recognizes my device and it also displays the "#" sign instead of the "$" so that makes me think i should be rooted fully. I am trying to download flipz latest Fresh Evo 0.5.3 but when I do it reboots to the HTC EVO screen and seems to be bootlooping on that screen. I dont know what to do next, can someone please give me some advice and please remember I am using a Mac computer so please give me directions with the MAC in mind. Thanks.

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
hard reset worked for me.

i just loaded fresh rom as well. i do believe that the clockwork wipe didn't work because i am getting some forced closes. amon recovery is the recommend app for his roms. did you wipe everything before installing freshs rom?

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
@laraiza, you need to run the AMON Recovery over Clockwork if you are going to be using the Fresh Rom. Flipz's instructions say so. I have read them pretty recently. That allows for areas to be wiped, but you can try just doing a hard reset like cody suggests.

Sae

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
just got amons recovery to take, I am using the terminal emulator from the marketplace and it makes it a lot easier. Im installing fresh-evo-0.5.3 right now so lets see if it takes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii