just flashed to baked snack. How to OC? How to update Map?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

Finally took the plunge and rooted / flashed to Baked Snack v9.6 to check things out.

I read that BS allow for OC via setcpu. I got cpu, set up my battery saving profile (like under clock while screen off), but maximum freq is pegged at 998.

How I do overclock ?

Also, I got google map 4.1 coming with the rom, but the latest is 4.3, and going to market shows that it's installed, and doesn't allow me to uninstall nor upgrade

how do i upgrade map? Do i have to manually do it from now on for ever????????????

thanks

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
thanks man

i will check out those kernels

are these supposed to be "better" than the one come with BS? How bout stability goes?

To flash these, I go to recovery menu?? Can't flash in in the phone like rom manager style?

How bout the map?? i can't get it to update to 4.3, and i love google maps!

thanks

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i will check out those kernels

are these supposed to be "better" than the one come with BS? How bout stability goes?

To flash these, I go to recovery menu?? Can't flash in in the phone like rom manager style?

How bout the map?? i can't get it to update to 4.3, and i love google maps!

thanks

Ummm find out what Screen you have First... I always forget how to do it in ADB but its around here somewhere... Liquid Jesus knows off the top of his head...

After you figure that out then flash the kernel...

The Novatec is the only kernel I can speak for... Ive had it for the better part of a week and its been find... I'm over clocked to 1.19GHZ and underclocked to 128MHZ...

and everything in between profiles galore per interval of 10% battery... and Temps blah blah...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Or if you have the power settings widget, tap on the brightness icon.

If it fades into the next brightness setting, it's Novatec.
If it instantly flashes into the next brightness setting, it's Epson.

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
as my screen has a purple tint, and it fades when i change brightness. i am 95% sure it's nova screen

So that means i can flash to either one? Which one is "preferred"?

and map?? anyone?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
arggghhh.. i just picked the netarchy 3.6.3 kernel..
happy to see fps up there, oc makes phone snappier

only to find out my camera doesn't work now

how can i fix that now?

thanks

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude for future Reference dont Flash unless your positive Which hardware you have... That 3.6 Kernel is for both Epson and Nova...

Personally it runs like krap on mine

Run the Dmesg in Terminal Emulator Before you Screw something up...

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I flashed evobeast and I get stuck at the setup screen where it asks about google locations. I get the error "The application setup (process.htc.android.htcsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I have to start form the beginning each time, and each time it makes me force close after getting that error. Can I bypass the setup screen somehow?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87