Rooting issues

psylent_sparq

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Tried to root my EVO and keep getting "Failed to Flash recovery image" message when I run unrevoked 3 exe. I followed the vid instructions and updated everything, what'd I miss?

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't use UnrEVOked...

-__-

Use SimpleRoot... Much better...

You've mentioned that in a few threads now, but also said that folks should learn how to 'really root' and learn what goes on behind the scenes of those GUIs. I'm not trying to pick a fight here I promise! :eek: Just trying to understand what your point of view is.

Could you please (if you have already, I don't know which thread it was in) tell us specifically why you don't like Unrevoked? I'd be interested to hear a knowledgeable persons take on it since the Android hacking is all new to me.

Thanks!
Rich

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You've mentioned that in a few threads now, but also said that folks should learn how to 'really root' and learn what goes on behind the scenes of those GUIs. I'm not trying to pick a fight here I promise! :eek: Just trying to understand what your point of view is.

Could you please (if you have already, I don't know which thread it was in) tell us specifically why you don't like Unrevoked? I'd be interested to hear a knowledgeable persons take on it since the Android hacking is all new to me.

Thanks!
Rich

My Issue with UnrEVOked is Simply the way they implement a release when they shouldnt... UnrEVOked Broke alot of 4G Antennas *with some quick thinking on my part I fixed mine*

This unrEVOked Forever is just Irresponsible to release to Common users...

It allows the Flashing of unsigned Files which out potentially be Harmful to your phone...

Why release that and have people do this for "Root" when obviously there are other ways...

RULE OF THUMB if your Root dont OTA... Your a Root User Flash a damn OTA Root rom thats in any Forum out there...

Personally I say and will always Say learn the back ground... I've done it along with other users on here...

It helps in the long run if something happens

The Knowledge you attain from ADB and Fastboot is priceless when dealing with Flashing and Modding your phone

I choose Simple root as a Form of Quick rooting

Of course i will always say learn the long way

but simple root is the long way in a packaged and condensed form...

Unrevoked well it goes further and I can't Trust them after the things that have happened...

Hope you learned something

Now go learn your ADB...

Remember ** ADB Kill-Server and ADB Devices** This is valuable when your in Recovery and or ADB alot!!!

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Had I known then what I know now (isn't that always the way) I would have rooted 2.1 and never gone with the OTA 2.2 update. But alas, I did. :p

Anyway, I'm no stranger to command line, either (some) Linux, but mostly old-skool Windows/DOS.

That said, when I've gone to the 2.1 step in the published 2.2 root process, I would use Simpleroot and then flash whatever ROM I wanted from there? Does the simpleroot process unlock NAND? Does it matter for this process?

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87