Please Help Me!!!!

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
heres my status im a noob trying to root my evo and im stuck on the boot loader screen and cant do nothing. did i brick my phone i just wanna get it back to stock or just atleast fix it. can anyone tell me what to do please?
it also says that im on hboot .79
it wont do the sprint load up at all just go straight to boot loader so what now?

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i rooted through the xda fourm with command prompt. ii got to the part when u reset the phone and go into the boot loader and do the update and been stuck there since it wont let me get out of boot loader at all

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
are you rooted? what method? nand unlocked? do you know anything about adb? you you have a micro sd card reader?

ANSWER ALL THAT.

Then ill be glad to help, and i guarantee ill fix you up.

Disclaimer- I cannot guarantee SH!7, but im pretty sure ill be able to patch you up. (dont read its just fine print ;) )

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i rooted through the xda fourm with command prompt. ii got to the part when u reset the phone and go into the boot loader and do the update and been stuck there since it wont let me get out of boot loader at all

did you push all the right files to your phone?

EF it.

Do this. Battery pull, reboot into your phone if you can and run this....

[Oct. 5, 2010] ***OFFICIAL*** RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.5_Radio_2.15. 00.09 - xda-developers

THEN go HERE....

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...34-how-rooting-htc-evo-froyo-2-2-windows.html

we can better help you if you start over, or at least be more descriptive.

your choice, id start over and let us walk you through it in the thread, but remember.

WE ARENT MIND READERS. Be descriptive.

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah i pushed all the right files the guide told me and i dont know what happen and i got stuck in the boot loader. when i rebot my phone it goes straight to the boot loader no matter what im doing it says in the boot loader

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah i pushed all the right files the guide told me and i dont know what happen and i got stuck in the boot loader. when i rebot my phone it goes straight to the boot loader no matter what im doing it says in the boot loader

scroll down to recovery in the bootloader and press power. Then tell me what you see.

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
it goes back to the boot loader screen
quick something when i went to recovery and press up and power button it says under the picture
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/command

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
And if you do a battery pull and turn in on by holding down volune down and power it doesnt say "do you want to install this update"- or something similar. up for yes down for no?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey i dont mean to leave you hanging but i gotta get some sleep, post in the sticky and in the original thread. Watch yt vids and google is your friend.

Thank button is alround somewhere.... haha, dont worry dude you will find a way out. Your not dead in the water.

Reactions: brennan0123

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
well here is the problem now
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/command
-- install from sd card...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip ( no such file or directory)
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i found the update.zip problem after going through google i found out that windows 7 automatically puts (.zip) onto the end so when i was putting update.zip so it was going as update.zip.zip but now my problem is
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.