Help with Evo Rooting

ttibbals

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried to root my evo phone. I followed some instructions having me DL pc36img.zip and type some commmands in cmd window. But after the process was done the phne was unrooted and in ver 2.1. So i have a buddy pretty good with these things so he sent me a rom to flash it back to 2.2. Now the phone stays between the sprint screen and 4g screen on bootup. Can anyone pls help.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand, you can't flash a 2.2 rom from a unrooted 2.1... Unless he sent you a stock rom. When you got to 2.1 unrooted, that's when you root, and flash a rom..

Anyways go to the unrooting thread, and run the ruu from fastboot.

ttibbals

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
well to be honest im not hundrerd % sure if it was rooted or not but iwas having problems getting the recovery to boot, and the s was on in the hboot, but now ive got the 2.2 rom on the phone and it booting up after i did a reset in hboot, but it keeps rebooting now. do i still want to run the ruu? Sorry this is my fist android phone, so im stilll learning how this works. thanks for the reply

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
anyone have any suggestions?

If you are rooted and have a custom recovery then it sounds like you need to boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik.
Im a little unsure oof whats going on.If the issues keep happening then i would run the ruu and root following along with the sticky by Lj.

ttibbals

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
well now i cant get into recovery. it is going to the red ! with a triangle, and when i try to run the recovery it just does something in cmd window and thats it. and ehen the phone boots up its still rebooting. Could u send me a link to the sticky your talking about. thanks

ttibbals

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
i found the stick your talking about and i followed the directions but when it comes time to type the commmands in cmd.eve it says device not found

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
ok i was able to run the ruu 3.26 and it took it back to 2.2 from 2.1. but it is still rebooting. is there anything to fix that?

hmm, try a factory reset, if that doesnt work, search for an update and accept.

If you still get reboots, i dont know why, so there may be something wrong with your phone that isnt related to rooting/whatever you did (im not sure).

Swap it out a sprint maybe. It will be covered by the one year HTC warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall