Question: Yes I searched first ;) Please help

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if the OP hasn't replied because of some of the harsh responses that have been posted here. They asked for more information, not a bashing of one-click root methods. Please just answer the question, give any relevant information needed (including links), and move along.

Thanks.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if the OP hasn't replied because of some of the harsh responses that have been posted here. They asked for more information, not a bashing of one-click root methods. Please just answer the question, give any relevant information needed (including links), and move along.

Thanks.

I respect ur opinion because you are one of my friends on here bro...

At the same time links and move on is not a helping community

If we as a unit want to grow closer build bonds and work together we need to get deep into topics

I will and forever support the methods of old... they are tried and true

Encouraging someone else to follow the same path is just and righteous

The idea of me censoring and moving up insults my intelligence and my experience

I realize this kind of comment to someone will in this arena grant me another point but it must be said

I've sat here as a forum member with over 2200 posts

I've helped with what i can and as most know im full of knowledge people can use

my best work comes for kickin back and having convo's not just moving on keeping it flowing

The fact I can't say something about a Friend and trusted Advisor in a certain way without receiving reprimand from the governing body here is just wrong in my eyes

I for one don't need big brother over my shoulder every second... Its not why I joined this community and others similar to this...

The reason that set this place apart from others was the friendliness and open community

The tight bonds we made since this portion of the forum opened seem to have been slowly severing because of this strict iron fist you all believe to have now

I personally can not come in and speak my mind about something without worry of Infractions or reprimand from any of you

That is not how to keep people like me around and i know others which have stopped posting and caring because of this same fact...

I stuck around because I have something to offer

And Im sorry for stating all this but its the truth... Is this gets censored or deleted then Im sorry we as a unit have failed and our opinions no longer matter...

Respond as you will Im open to any and all things coming to me...

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I've just about stopped posting due to big brother and all the threats of watch what you say. For someone like dex to get an infraction because of a joke to a friend yet people can post completely wrong info time after time and never has been said boo to ( knowing he was banned from a sister forum for the SAME conduct) its just crazy. AC USED to be fun, now its all business. I'll do paperwork instead.

Reactions: d3xn2o

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

He really didn't ask a question. The OP asked for advice. And I quote

"Lastly I was going to use UNrevoked and I already downloaded the ROM Mananger clockworkMOD manager or something like that, I just want to root and let the rom manager do all the work (yeah I can do it the hard way I just don't want to Any advise would be appreciated. I want to try the latest CyanogenMod, and a couple of others."

So we gave him our advice. And our advice just happened to be that one click methods are not the best way to root your phone. I did it that way and it messed up my phone for a good week. It seemed to have worked at first until I was flashing ROMS and that. I would also suggest to the OP to not use ROM Manager to flash ROM's. It is better to put the ROM zip on your sd card and boot into recovery and then wipe and then flash from there. Just my 2 cents based on personal experience.

Reactions: d3xn2o

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Agreed. I've just about stopped posting due to big brother and all the threats of watch what you say. For someone like dex to get an infraction because of a joke to a friend yet people can post completely wrong info time after time and never has been said boo to ( knowing he was banned from a sister forum for the SAME conduct) its just crazy. AC USED to be fun, now its all business. I'll do paperwork instead.

+1 Unfortunately in some cases the forums have come to the point where we have to watch what and to whom we recommend things. Honestly the point of a forum is to discuss public opinion on a subject, yet lately we have to be guarded in our opinions. And also as Cubanjinx said, some members are posting for the sake of posting even if there advice is utterly wrong and can confuse or even cause harm to other members devices with no recourse yet when dex was joking around with a friend of his, action was taken.Anyways, I will keep trying to help to the best i can and to whatever extent i'm allowed and will fully support the views of dex and other senior members like him.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I love Android Central. Of all the forums I've ever been on I've never been so involved and actually gained a couple of friends in the process. As many of you know in June I had knee surgery. The 6 months (especially the first 3 months) were some of the hardest months of my life. For the first couple of months the only thing I could do by myself was literally wipe my butt... The physical pain and mental strain I had to deal with those months were nothing short of torture. What made it easier to deal with? Android Central and my Evo. And I'm being totally honest too. When I had my Hero was nowhere near as involved as I have been since getting the Evo. When I started posting at Android Central it was not only fun, but a great way for me to keep myself busy, and make what I was going through much easier to deal with. Over the course of the months I got more and more involved and took the free time I had to help people and teach people the things that I learned. Before I knew it was making my own themes, testing ROMs, and doing all other types of madness I never thought I'd be able to do. I owe everything I know about Android to Android Central and Vaelek (developer of Vaelpak). Now where am I going with all this? It just doesn't feel the same anymore. When I first started posting it was much different to what it is now. I feel like the information available is much better than it was when I first started posting, but a big part of me feels like it all goes to waste. I'm not going to call out anyone specific but there's definitely a handful, specifically one person that posts and posts an posts and NEVER has any legit information. All he does is fabricate nonsense and post it as fact and then we have to come along and clean up the mess. That type of stuff should not be tolerated. But I'm only an advisor, not a MOD. So I keep myself out of it and just make posts to correct the information. But I have to say, for dex to get an infraction for calling one of his friends an idiot meanwhile this guy goes post happy about nonsense is not only unfair, but flat out wrong. I've had this guy seriously PM me telling me that my How to Flash a ROM video was wrong... Really? Seems to have helped 8000+ people perfectly fine. Now what if he had posted that in the actual thread I made about the video? Would he have been reprimanded in any way for such nonsense? Or would he have gotten a pass and if someone would have called him on it would they have gotten reprimanded? I am in no way telling anyone how to be a MOD. I am however trying to give a point of view of someone that started off as a complete noob as many of these guys that this conversation is about. But it seems like lately people just post just to post and dont spend the time actually reading. If someone reads and they still dont understand, then post in that respective thread, not create a new one. When the first two pages of this forum have 5+ of the same questions being asked, and nobody is listening to the advice, it becomes very frustrating. Anyone that knows me personally ,nows that I would do ANYTHING to help someone out, even a complete stranger. Hell ask Truslide, I stood up with him until literally 5-6am for almost a week straight trying to help him out undo the disaster he went through when he used unrevoked. How many people would do that for a complete stranger? But when I give advise, and the person asking the advise just brushes it off, or worse someone else chimes in with NO knowledge at all and tells me I'm wrong that seriously boils my blood. ANd whats just as upsetting is when that person isn't reprimanded at all... But the person that has arguably helped more people on the Evo forum than anyone else gets in trouble for jokingly calling one of us an idiot does? Just doesn't seem right at all. Sorry for the huge post and sort of being all over the place. But I love this forum. As I said before, this forum and many of you guys (while you may not realized it) was there for me in one of the hardest times in my life. I honestly feel a legit connection with this forum and the people here. I'd hate to see it turn into something other than awesome and a place where eveyone can share information and be open without having to worry about every word they say. This forum is too good for that. I hope the opinion doesn't change how some of the staff views me, cuz that would suck. But it's just how I feel..

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to see a lot of the OGs back on here again. Learned from those guys/girls but wasn't around long enough to learn as much as I would like to. Its a little hard trying to learn with no knowledge of the matter and when its like reading a different language.

I can understand Jerzyiroc's frustration and as a side note I hope he doesn't mind me using his How to Flash vid in my signature. It is the best vid I came across and thought it could help more out if it was out there for everyone to see.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to see a lot of the OGs back on here again. Learned from those guys/girls but wasn't around long enough to learn as much as I would like to. Its a little hard trying to learn with no knowledge of the matter and when its like reading a different language.

Im Glad my Epicness has not been Forgotten... As my Sig Says Im tired of the Droid Non-Sense...

I've moved on regardless if Jerzy Disapproves or not...

Im happy I have amazing service and the Battery is AMAZING

no Regrets...

I indeed drank the Kool-Aid and it was Delicous

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty