Going from unrevoked 3.29.651.5 to 3.70.651.1

mikemix

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I am rooted (Unrevoked) with 3.29.651.5 and want to do the OTA to 3.70.651.1 and keep root. Couple of questions:

1. If I just do the OTA, what will happen? I assume, I will lose root (has this been confirmed) ? If so, can I just run the new version of unrevoked and I am back ?

2. OR do I need to unroot, OTA, then do Unrevoked

OR is there a better (Simple) method to do this update and keep root ?

Thanks!!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I am rooted (Unrevoked) with 3.29.651.5 and want to do the OTA to 3.70.651.1 and keep root. Couple of questions:

1. If I just do the OTA, what will happen? I assume, I will lose root (has this been confirmed) ? If so, can I just run the new version of unrevoked and I am back ?

2. OR do I need to unroot, OTA, then do Unrevoked

OR is there a better (Simple) method to do this update and keep root ?

Thanks!!

The simplest way is to flash a ROM with 3.70.

(1) You can read up a bit on rooting in the stickies in this forum.
(2) Here's a ROM that has what you want [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One - xda-developers
(3) The OTA won't work if rooted
(4) People on this forum won't recommend for you to use Unrevoked. Lots of threads on this, you can read up on why in the stickies.

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

mikemix

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Will this update wipe all info from the phone ? i.e. contacts, e-mail setting, etc.. ?
Oh, and since I all ready rooted with Unrevoked, I can apply this ROM easily ?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Will this update wipe all info from the phone ? i.e. contacts, e-mail setting, etc.. ?
Oh, and since I all ready rooted with Unrevoked, I can apply this ROM easily ?

You should try reading actually on your questions with rooting and applying ROMs from those links I gave you--that'll get you set in the right direction. You'll have to understand all that stuff anyway.

It depends where you stored your contacts--phone contacts you'll have to backup... I never used phone contacts so I don't know how.

Gmail contacts are synced with Gmail and will port to whatever Android phone you bring your Gmail account to. Active Sync contacts will get synced to whatever phone the account gets added to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419