EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5 Issues

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been running EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5 for day to day and I noticed few issues with it .

a) While on 4 g or 3g the internet seems to chock. I see the browser progress bar stops loading the page half way and the page load circle just spins . Tested this on couple of different sites same result.

b) Keyboard when I swype words dont show up , If I type hello. Only h will show up.

I already tried wiping flash and data . What else I need to do to fix this.:)

cardude10

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I dont use Opera. Another error I am getting is when trying to flash zip files . I get this message " Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
it was necessary to remove it when upgradeing to the clockworkMod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update- binary) to create working update zip package."

How do I fix it ?

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
for your internet problem, download "AdFree Android", open it and update/install new hosts.. not sure about the swype or other problems..

also, installing adfree could mess up currently installed apps.. i know after i installed it, Words With Friends would show an error on the main screen.. just a heads up. u can always uninstall if it's really messing with your apps

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
for your internet problem, download "AdFree Android", open it and update/install new hosts.. not sure about the swype or other problems..

also, installing adfree could mess up currently installed apps.. i know after i installed it, Words With Friends would show an error on the main screen.. just a heads up. u can always uninstall if it's really messing with your apps

I have found that AdFree (or ad blocking hosts files that come with several ROMs) causes the partial webpage d/l issues that you are explaining (for me it only happens on 4G).

If you do not have AdFree installed, try Kulbhead's advice. If that doesn't help, try reverting hosts in AdFree to stop the ad blocking -- I do this when I want to view webpages on 4G (or if I want to play Words with Friends)

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been running EVO ROM Myn Warm 2.2 RLS 5 for day to day and I noticed few issues with it .

a) While on 4 g or 3g the internet seems to chock. I see the browser progress bar stops loading the page half way and the page load circle just spins . Tested this on couple of different sites same result.

b) Keyboard when I swype words dont show up , If I type hello. Only h will show up.

I already tried wiping flash and data . What else I need to do to fix this.:)

Sounds like you may have a problem with your Swype zip. Due to forum rule , I can't give you the link. Remember Google is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress