Will nandroid backup pictures and video?

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but I can't seem to find an answer to via searching. Will Nandroid restore old pictures and videos I took? I accidentally wiped my SD card but I have a copy of my Nandroid backup on my computer.

I don't want to go through flashing my backup and back to my current ROM only to find out it doesn't work.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No, nandroid doesnt backup your SD card because it isnt touched when you wipe your phone to flash a rom. However it backs up your apps on the SD card, and reinstalls em when restoring.

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
unless you made a backup of your SD card on your pc...you are s.o.l. nandroid only backs up the state of your phone (current ROM, settings, etc.....pretty much anything on the phones internal memory) not the SD...

sorry man....that does suck

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
There is an option to backup your sdcard in RA. But not really sure you would want to fill up your card with all of the stuff that's on your card... get to picture. :)

I use photobucket and the photobucket app on the market. It has an option that will automatically upload new pics and view when you take them. Also you can use dropbox and transfer them to the cloud till you need them.

Sent from my MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunate news for me. Oh well, not the end of the world. I've lost over 500GBs of music before. That sucked more.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G