Why are so many apps unable to be moved to my SD card?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I use ApptoSD Pro to move apps I frequently install from the phone's internal to SD memory. When I last checked the ApptoSD Pro app, it said I had 40 apps on my EVO's internal memory that are unable to be moved to the SD card, which ApptoSD Pro says has 35 apps on it that can be moved back and forth (obviously, I'm keeping them on the SD card).

I keep scratching my head as to why so many apps automatically download to the phone, even though my default download directory is the SD card, and are unable to be moved to the card.

Is there a way around this, something I might not be doing right?

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably to discourage piracy?

But it is annoying...

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk
This is from the description of App2sd:

If app uses any of the following features, it cannot be installed on the external storage. It's required by Android system.
App Widgets,
Services,
Input Method Engines,
Live Wallpapers,
Live Folders,
Alarm Services,
Account Managers,
Sync Adapters,
Device Administrators

You can't force the apps to download to the sd card,some can't function there.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a LOT of apps want to remain on the phone, though, regardless of your above reasons, which I can understand.

Anyway, I happened to just stumble upon a greatt app that unlocks these so-called unmovable apps and does, in fact, move many of them to the SD card. I freed up about 30MB of space doing this.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a LOT of apps want to remain on the phone, though, regardless of your above reasons, which I can understand.

Anyway, I happened to just stumble upon a greatt app that unlocks these so-called unmovable apps and does, in fact, move many of them to the SD card. I freed up about 30MB of space doing this.
Care to share?

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
what's wrong with useing the actual phone software?

the apps probably aren't designed to be run from sd card. but it's nice to have an actual app that CAN move those stubborn things.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes they need to be on phone memory to function properly and also some are copy protected so it won't let you move then around.

sent to you in three dimensions

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty much down to 40mb with nothing I can move. Smh.

I wonder if rooting and removing the stock apps would be worth it?

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19