consistent problem with high "DISPLAY" % on sense roms

stanis3k

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hi guys i've been having a problem that i cant get fixed. ive asked some people and they are not sure what the problem, and also looked in threads and the fixes dont seem to work either.

i flashed the chadogr rom a while ago from cyanogen mod 7 becuz there were certain issues i was having with it.

when i had the chadogr sense rom, the battery would continuously die in barely no time at all, and when i looked at what was consuming my battery, "display" was always using at least 80-90%, and the phone would be dead in about 3 hrs or so.

got sick of it, and went to an aosp based rom called gingerbread evo deck 1.2w. it was very good and light on resources and battery life was good WHEN I DIDNT USE THE PHONE. but as soon as i started using it battery would drop so fast, but that didnt bother me, cuz sometimes i didnt need to use it. but there were somethings that i just couldnt stand with asop.

1. GPS never worked, EVER!! (i tried all the fixes to no avail) it was always searching for satellite everytime i wanted to use navigation.
2. it had awful signal strength (even wifi), constant disconnects, and always giving me this info that im internationally roaming (wtf)
3. a couple of other things not really worth mentioning.

i said eff it and decided to go back to sense, and decided on the synergy rom after reading the thread to great reviews.
i like the rom but im back again with those "high display" use problems again.

what is causing this and how do i fix it. there was a "fix" in the synergy rom thread but it didnt work for me. it said to go to the spare parts app and uncheck the compatibility mode, i did that and im still having those display issues.

here are some pics for illustration purposes:

this is the chadogr rom (sense), and after only about an hr, its down to 65% and look at what the biggest user is

fzaqmg.png

here is the aosp rom (gingerbread evo deck) and look how much display is using, so little

28wpic.jpg

and now here is the sense rom i flashed yesterday (7/17/11) (synergy), BACK TO THOSE DISPLAY ISSUES AGAIN :(

15npyyh.png

sorry this is so long, pls dont bite my head off or yell at me :D, i dont know what else to do,

i dont have automatic brightness, screen timeout is set at 30s

im lost

pls help, and thanks alot guys