Contest Winners?

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
How many here entered the 150+ Word Essay contest? (Blaze Across America with 4G)

I know the official site says the Winners will be announced on or around May 18th, but the anticipation is killing me. :p

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this???

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I too entered with less than 150 words. Then I noticed that it was in at least 150 words and entered with another one of my phone lines. It would be cool to win and have people following your Evo experience through your blog.

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
The website for the contest says to check back on May 26 for winner announcements.
Sprint | HTC EVO "Blaze across America with 4G"

The Offical Rules say hte Finalist will be Notified on or Around May 18th

Sprint | HTC EVO? "Blaze across America with 4G" Official Rules

SELECTION OF SEMI-FINALISTS: Judging will commence at the time the Contest begins and continue until all Entries submitted prior to the Contest end time have been reviewed by the Sponsor or Contest Administrator. Sponsor and Contest Administrator will select five (5) Semi-Finalists from a Sprint 3G City and five (5) Semi-Finalists from a Sprint 4G city. A current list of 4G markets is available at sprint.com/4G. Judging will be based upon the criteria set forth below:

Creativity - 40%
Originality - 20%
Humor - 20%
Overall Entertainment Value of Submission - 20%

9. The Semi-Finalists will be notified on or about 5/18/2010 by phone, text or email. Semi-Finalists may be required to confirm their acceptance of the Official Rules and their agreement to participate in the Contest within twenty-four (24) hours of being notified. Semi-Finalists may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require (the "Affidavit/Release") within three (3) days of being notified. If Semi-Finalist fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, Semi-Finalist may be disqualified and an alternate Semi-Finalist may be selected in their place at the sole discretion of Sponsor.

peterportanova

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i just had an interesting chat with a Sprint rep that made it seem that the winners had not yet been chosen. He said that they had not yet been notified about the selection of any semi-finalists.. just some food for thought.

Writermind

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I submitted what I consider to be a really good entry for this. I'm very excited about having the opportunity to possibly share my EVO experience with the world at large too. As a writer, the blog part appeals to me more than the money does at this point.

I'm aware I could just start a blog myself, but having that Sprint Logo behind you insures you a certain number of readers who might not otherwise even pay you a second thought.

ogremustcrush

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wrote mine like ad copy, just above 150 words. I figured if it was something Sprint would want to print for promotions that would increase my chances of winning.

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
Still Nothing?!?!?! All I wanted was a new shiny phone from Sprint on my Birthday (May 18th). But Nooooo. They dissed me, just like the wife did. And what I asked from her didn't cost a thing. Let down twice in one day.

ValerieHeyHey

May 20, 2010
Visit site
FWIW......This was posted on FB yesterday:

HTC EVO Blaze Across America ""UPDATE""
Hi All - it's very exciting as we are in the process of notifying the 10 lucky winners of the Blaze Across America with 4G contest. As soon as we notify all winners and receive their appropriate paperwork back - we'll post the winners. Remember, if you were not selected as one o...f the 10 semi-finalists, you can follow the blogs of the winners beginning May 26th at sprint.com/blaze and have the chance to win $500 just for voting for your favorite blogger - and you'll find out how the 10 winners are using their EVO's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty