Any Evo users in the Boston area?

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Brookline and West Roxbury... Nothing

And my Sprint store rep said "end of summer" even though the clearwire website says "end of 2010." I'm hoping the Sprint guy is right.

Edit: I hope you're right!!

Last edited:

yeahthatsme

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I turned 4G on for the ride down Rt 2 and 93 south with no signal. Got to work, nothing again, went to the window and I got a connection. Ran the test and got a 8.77 down. Pretty sweet, curious if anyone else gets a signal.

I'm on the Charlestown/Everett line near the Mystic River.

wgregory

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ran across this app in the Droid market called "Sensorly". It shows the 4G (and 3G) coverage real users are getting. It might take a few hours to get everything mapped out so you may want to run it while your phone is being charged. But its results seem to be pretty much in line with my experience.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 4G signal in south boston right at Andrew station. Also when taking rt 1a into lynn it gets a signal pretty much all the way into lynn. I have a friend who said he got some 4g in chinatown and in the seaport area as well, but I can only confirm the locations i was in.

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Near Faneuil hall I get a weak 4G signal. Tonight at south station, I got three bars 4G and ran speed test (just over 4 down and just under 1 up). Can't wait for it to be live since my 3G speeds suck.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I drive into Boston frequently from RI, and I find I get 4G about a mile before the tunnel on the Expressway (of course, sitting in Boston traffic lets me do things like that...!).

I live just outside Providence, and I actually got a 4G signal downtown for about 2 minutes... by the time I closed my mouth and tried to test it, the signal was gone...

4G is so close... but so far....

Ken

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Update for everyone. There is 4G in downtown boston. I was staying at Hyatt Regency and i was getting full signal in my room and in the surrounding streets.

jake21

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I live in boston; was told by one of the local store sprint has been testing 4g in boston for a couple of months but it won't be officially available till late aug or sept; until then they will turn it on/off as required for testing and will have very limited coverage.