3D games lag but run smooth on Palm Pre

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not questionable, any phone running the TI OMAP CPUs (iPhone 3GS, Pre, Droid, etc) have better GPUs than the Snapdragon. It's as simple as that.

Dexter505

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
What I am saying is that these games probably have a standard resolution across the board that just scales to the size of the screen. I don't think they run at the native resolution of each device.

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
anyone know if crusade of destiny lags? i know its an iphone port but did they optimize it for the snapdragon gpu. That's one of the first game I'm going to buy and I would really hate to deal with lag

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Dexter505

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
anyone know if crusade of destiny lags? i know its an iphone port but did they optimize it for the snapdragon gpu. That's one of the first game I'm going to buy and I would really hate to deal with lag

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

The good thing is that you buy and return which is what I did.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is that you buy and return which is what I did.

If you read the comments about that game in the market, you can't return it for whatever reason.

There were 3 or 4 comments in there were people specified that they had a Nexus One or a Desire and called the graphics "smooth", no one complained about choppyness or lag. The most common complaint was that people lost their saves. Read the comments before you buy.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's smooth to people who have Froyo.

Those with Snapdragons ... the game isn't optimized for those handsets.
I think after the update, they slightly fixed it.

I just hope sooner or later they come out with games made specifically for the Evo/Incredible/N1.