Receiving texts at wrong times

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
First of all, this is my first android device and I am absolutely loving it. I also tried searching on this topic and couldn't find any information. Basically the issue I am having is once in awhile the text messages I receive will come in at a time that is 5 hours from the current time. For example, If the current time is 12:32 all the text messages I receive will say 5:32. The ones I send are at the correct time, but received is wrong. I usually fix this by power cycling my phone but I was just wondering if anyone knew what could cause this.

Thanks in advance.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a Sprint issue. My wife is on Sprint and texting is just awful. Texts arrive late, out of order or not at all.

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue, but it was only while I was roaming. It was only with the time not out of order, and the other person is on T-Mobile.

Is this when you talk to other Sprint peeps, or other carriers? It is most likely carrier to carrier issues. Not an individual Carrier. The reason I say this is it use to happen every once in a while when I was on AT&T also.

jl82

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a PHONE issue. I had the blackberry tour with sprint, never a problem sending or receiving emails, texts, mms, bbm, etc etc. Now i got the evo, which i really love however i do not get all my texts i know that for a fact. I sent a mass text message to 30+ people and only 5 responded. I dont live in the country, or rural area, in fact i live in downtown chicago where i have great 4g coverage. I live with my girlfriend who has t-mobile service and i text myself from her phone and dont get the messages. Sprint said to come in to the store so they can re-set the phone? how do i backup the phone just to restore it when it has been reset? Also, i guess the bigger question is, what am i doing wrong with the evo to not get my texts, i use chomp sms, i have a few apps installed but nothing directly correlated to sms. Please help, thanks!

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a PHONE issue. I had the blackberry tour with sprint, never a problem sending or receiving emails, texts, mms, bbm, etc etc. Now i got the evo, which i really love however i do not get all my texts i know that for a fact. I sent a mass text message to 30+ people and only 5 responded. I dont live in the country, or rural area, in fact i live in downtown chicago where i have great 4g coverage. I live with my girlfriend who has t-mobile service and i text myself from her phone and dont get the messages. Sprint said to come in to the store so they can re-set the phone? how do i backup the phone just to restore it when it has been reset? Also, i guess the bigger question is, what am i doing wrong with the evo to not get my texts, i use chomp sms, i have a few apps installed but nothing directly correlated to sms. Please help, thanks!

My texts have also been wonky. Sometimes I get them hours late, I don't know if its actually missed any. Theres not really a way to tell.

You can text yourself from your number to your number....when texts are arriving late for me, these are also having issues making it to my phone.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have sent/received 371 text messages so far, not a single one has been sent or delivered late. I had this happen ONCE on my Pre. It's probably just a network issue.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
mine are showing up 20-30 min late sometimes according to the time stamp of when they were sent and when i actually got a message notification. usually its been about 10-15min late

tekguy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having this problem. I fixed it by going into Settings > Date & Time and turned off the Automatic network time. Now my texts always come in at the correct time.

jl82

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Its definitely a network issue because i didnt port my phone from any other service. Ive been with sprint 5+ years now never an issue. I called customer service, the lady send me 5 different texts and i received 2 of them. There is an issue somewhere within my settings on my phone or how it was programmed, not sure which but it would be nice to fix it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue, but it was only while I was roaming.

I agree with this, I see this all the time when the OTHER person is roaming. Happens with my wife all the time. When the sender of the text is roaming the receiver gets really strange times listed for the text message. Of course, we're both on Sprint though...

ljm42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
same thing - has already caused a couple moments of strife w/ the GF! starting to just make old fashioned calls now anytime i really need to say something ;)

numb3rmonkey

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So is it a problem with roaming? Mine is doing it on the Evo but I am currently roaming on the Verizon network.

I live in the boonies and I roam around 50% of time on Verizon's network and my Evo exhibits the same symptoms as mentioned: Late arriving text, so far no more than half an hour, and texts out of order. In the city, these symptoms do not occur.

Last edited:

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Strictly a roaming issue with mine. All received texts show a time of 5 hours ahead. Whenever I get within Sprint range of service, all texts time stamps are correct.