Google Play = MIA

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Alright so i bought this from a friend who wiped it clean for me. I updated it when i got it, no issues. I have noticed however I have not google play like i did before on my Echo but the android market. How do i get to the google play store dealo? not rooted btw. dont plan on rooting either.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
it will update eventually. i just moved from a Charge to a ReZound. took an hour or two, but I got the message to update. Try going to my apps, or try to update the preinstalled ones...

RocketJeff

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The 'standard' way to get the Market/Play Store to update is:

- go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All (tab)
- find Market/Google Play Store
- press 'Force Stop'
- press 'Uninstall Updates'
- exit back to home screen
- I usually reboot at this point, probably not necessary...
- run the Market/Play Store

It should ask you to accept the terms/conditions of the store. It won't update immediately, but it should start getting the latest update in the background. If you access the market in an hour or so, it should be updated (if the phone is able to access the internet, of course).

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So is there anyway i can do this without having to connect the phone to the computer because evidently its one of those that wont connect

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You can use Dropbox and save the apk file to the phone without connecting it to the computer. You would need to open a dropbox account on your pc and install the dropbox app to your phone. But you would have to sideload the dropbox apk somehow to your phone. Maybe use the amazon market to do that.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
okay so i downloaded the market apk file and got it on to the sd card. found it using an apkbrowser and attempted to install. as soon as it starts up, application not installed. can anyone tell me why this has happened?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
clear the cache and data for the market and it should update for you

system/apps/manage apps scroll down pick the market and clear the cache and data

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non