Swype... nothing beats it.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
First i know there are other threads on Swype, but due to the popularity of this forum, using search is useless. No offense. You do a search and you get 39 pages of threads to look through (and thats just this week... lol).

SO.....

Swype. This is truly an awesome program. I installed in on the Evo yesterday and i havent gone back to another input method yet. I literally spell better using Swype...without even thinking. I swyped "encyclopedia" and "contraindication" without even thinking about the correct way to spell it. The install was simple (used Astro)...

I don't see going back to regular input

colin.mckean

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I had looked a few days before I had gotten the phone, but I had only looked on the Swype website where there wasn't a link. Really slick program actually.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've used Swype, ShapeWriter and SlideIT and SlideIT by far is the most intuitive and easiest to use, unfortunately it's also the ugliest so I'm sticking with Swype for now. ShapeWriter was the worst for me.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can someone also PM me the link? I'd love to try it.

Also, would it work with the Portuguese language as well? I'd say I type 50/50 English and Portuguese.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Since this thread is active....for the swype users...does it capitalize words for you? Or does it just do everything in lower case?

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Since this thread is active....for the swype users...does it capitalize words for you? Or does it just do everything in lower case?

it capitalizes and puts in spaces after each word you swype. totally awesome. yes, you do have to get used to it, but it is VERY accurate and just plain cool.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I do like Swype and can't imagine using
any other keyboard on Android. Even
though I like Swype, it does annoy the
crap out of me sometimes. I can't
type too fast or the dumbest mistakes
start happening. Words that aren't
even words get suggested. Even with
that, that is the best option out IMO.

Trending Posts