Looking for Good Exchange Host for one EVO Phone.

David737

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been using 4smartphone.net and am not pleased with their technical support with Sprint and/or the EVO and their Exchange service. Is anyone pleased with their Exchange Host service and using an Android 2.1 system like the EVO? I have a contact database with 1500 names and some of the notes fields in the contacts are 2000 to 4000 characters long. I want an Exchange Host Service that understands connection to the Sprint EVO and has a technical support phone number that answers questions with solutions and does not just blame the problem on Sprint?s new phones. Unfortunately I only have one phone and would like a monthly or quarterly contact. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

isaiahdw#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you get a google apps account instead? The premier edition is cheaper than getting a hosted exchange account and in my experience works much better (at least with the EVO 4G/android). I recently just dropped my hosted exchange account in favor of google apps.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I can understand the desire to use a Hosted Exchange service. For starters the HTC Mail app provides a lot more functionality over Gmail, and if you use Touchdown, it's even better.

To answer the original question, I've been with Sherweb for the past 3 years, and have had extraordinary service. GoDaddy is also offering hosted Exchange now for even less $ per month. I have thought about switching to them, but Sherweb has been so great, I'm willing to pay a few more dollars to stick with what works.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
i've been using exchange.1and1.com for my email ($6.99/mthly for 1GB of space) since Dec 2008 with my WinMo and Android phones (ATT Nexus One & Sprint EVO 4G) and so far no problems. i have about 300 contacts (some with 3-5 phone numbers and/or email address) but my notes fields are not as detailed as yours. anytime i've had an issue customer support has been very helpful and quick to implement a solution, e.g., they disabled the exchange PIN requirement so i could use the Android pattern lock instead. they also provide IMAP and POP3 access to your Exchange account. others may have different experiences, but mine has been positive to date. good luck with your search!

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i've been using exchange.1and1.com for my email ($6.99/mthly for 1GB of space) since Dec 2008 with my WinMo and Android phones (ATT Nexus One & Sprint EVO 4G) and so far no problems. i have about 300 contacts (some with 3-5 phone numbers and/or email address) but my notes fields are not as detailed as yours. anytime i've had an issue customer support has been very helpful and quick to implement a solution, e.g., they disabled the exchange PIN requirement so i could use the Android pattern lock instead. they also provide IMAP and POP3 access to your Exchange account. others may have different experiences, but mine has been positive to date. good luck with your search!

+1 for 1and1.com. However, they never removed the PIN requirement for me... :(

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
+1 for 1and1.com. However, they never removed the PIN requirement for me... :(
should also mention that mine is an individual account (e.g., not affiliated with my employer). i had to ask them to remove; just called customer service and had them add me to a user group that did not require a pin. took 20 mins for it to cycle to my phone.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Sherweb and 1&1 would be my choice as an individual. I had 1&1 one time and they worked well - and I was about to go Sherweb until we got a deal on Microsoft Online (small business, 3 users) which includes Live Meeting.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
should also mention that mine is an individual account (e.g., not affiliated with my employer). i had to ask them to remove; just called customer service and had them add me to a user group that did not require a pin. took 20 mins for it to cycle to my phone.

Yeah, I was on an individual plan as well, paying $20.99 / 3 months. I emailed them repeatedly and they repeatedly told me they HAD to enforce the password policy. It wasn't that big a deal, though; A minor inconvenience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez