How do you get your picture folders to show up in gallery?

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I posted this question at ppcgeeks last night with no suggestions. I try not to make a habit of cross posting.

Anyway, I'm really loving the Evo.

One thing that's driving me nuts is how to get my different picture folders that show up my file explorer as being on my sd card to show up in Gallery? The only gallery folders are the ones that came pre named .

All of my pictures are in the the "camera shots" folder in gallery. Im sure I'm just missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just put folders of images on the SD card and the Gallery picked them up and shows them as albums. I put the folders in the root of the sd card but not sure that matters. It just seemed to look for folders containing jpeg graphics.

Make sure the gallery isn't set to show all the images at once.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just put folders of images on the SD card and the Gallery picked them up and shows them as albums. I put the folders in the root of the sd card but not sure that matters. It just seemed to look for folders containing jpeg graphics.

Make sure the gallery isn't set to show all the images at once.

+1 For me it isn't a matter of how to get media to show in my gallery. It tends to find all of my media no matter where I try to hide it. :eek:

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, wtf? First, thanks for the replies. All my pics are still in "camera shots" even when i have all photos unchecked in default albums under settings? Gallery definiatley found all my pictures, but just lumped them all into camera shots folder. Again, thanks for the help.

jjvcuyler

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
All my pics are still in "camera shots" even when i have all photos unchecked in default albums under settings? Gallery definiatley found all my pictures, but just lumped them all into camera shots folder. Again, thanks for the help.

In the root of your sd card, create a directory named media, if it doesn't exist already. Next, create a subdirectory named pictures inside media. Next, inside pictures, create subdirectories named for your albums. Finally, move your pictures into the desired album directories.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch